Battlecruiser Millennium Gold and Artemis [Video & Links Included]

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Battlecruiser Millennium Gold and Artemis [Video & Links Included]

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

This is a rather sophisticated Starship Bridge Simulator. Don't let the comedy fool you into thinking that this software/simulator is anything but a joke. I have played this, and it works very well.

Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Artemis

Post by con20or »

Interesting. I never really managed to get into any space sims, I tried hard with X3 but just didnt make it. There used to be a great Star Trek game (half puzzle/half simulation) that i used to play and never found one I liked since, aklthough havent really looked :)

I remember in that game you could see a cloaked klingon or romulan by turninng up the monitor brightness :)
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Interesting. I never really managed to get into any space sims, I tried hard with X3 but just didnt make it. There used to be a great Star Trek game (half puzzle/half simulation) that i used to play and never found one I liked since, aklthough havent really looked :)

I remember in that game you could see a cloaked klingon or romulan by turninng up the monitor brightness :)
I know what you mean about the X3 series. It's definitely not a game for beginners, or those who don't have the time to play. It takes countless hours to play, and since it's such an open world/universe you can play this game for years, and still not come close to finishing it.

Here are a couple of starship simulators videos (outside of the X3 Series).

[Battlecruiser Millenium Gold Edition]
Free Download Link: http://www.gamershell.com/download_9337.shtml

[Begins 3.0.1 Tactical Starship Simulator]
Download Begins 3.0.1: http://www.starfleetproject.com/
Download Begins 2 Multiplayer, Scenario & Ship Editor: http://begin2.sourceforge.net/
Main Begins Tactical Website: http://hallert.net/misc/begin/begin.html

Cheers.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I had to bump this chicken. I was going to make a post about Battlecruiser Millennium Gold, and I thought it best to search for it just in case. I have a tendency to post a crap load of stuff. Some of it decent, but most it it crap...
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Just downloaded Battlecruiser - seems interesting.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Even worth a download for the music on the menu screen - cool. A few games have really great soundtracks, Civ4 - Diablo II, etc.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

You have to know that this game takes some getting use too. What I mean is that you are in full command of a starship which also means you have full power of sending a shuttle full of marines to planet surfaces, and attack enemy installations, you can join in by sending your character to be part of the shuttle crew, and attack, or defend, and conquer installations. You can send down mining drones,s and have shuttles pick up the cargo, and travel trades routes you have set up. You can send probes to any part of the known universe to spy, and keep am eye on things. You have to also be wary of enemy personnel who board your ship, and you have full control over where the marines on where to search, and don't forget the medical bay where wounded marines/crew members can be sent, and never forget to keep a close eye on your crews moral, physical, and mental, fatigue, well you get the idea.

You have to maintain your ship, and one other cool thing here, the universe is in real time meaning that wars are happening all over, politics play a strong part between the races, one moment races who are at war become allies, and you will also see massive forces battling it out, one moment you are in a star system, and your orbiting a planet the next a hugh battle is taking place on the surface

The list of things you can do is left to your own imagination. It's one of the better games out there that is truly a sandbox universe.

Members of your crew gain experience as they progress, and don't forget to order your crew to get some sleep if they become too fatigued.

Once you reach the level of Fleet Command, you can ask other ships who are friendly to join you which allows you to create your own aramada, and take on an enemy sector via the tacops computer, and claim planets for the race you are fighting for. Planets will populate with your race as time passes.

Also, you need to keep your shuttles, fighters, your ship in good order, and fully repaired.

One more thing just in case you might be wondering about, and that is if you take out an enemy, there is a blast radius to consider. Debris can cause damage, so be damn careful, and make sure you keep your fighter pilots in top condition, and give them rest. If they are injured send them to the medical bay, and send them to their quarters.

Like I have mentioned, this game is very deep, and what you can do is pretty damn mind blowing.

This is one simulator that lets you know that you are not the center of the universe. It's a full breathing universe which changes constantly.

have fun.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.