Rising Storm !!

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Rising Storm !!

Post by Chamberlain »

Rising Storm available today !

Today, Tripwire Interactive and the Rising Storm Team are delighted to announce the release of Rising Storm, the next game in the award-winning Red Orchestra franchise. Rising Storm is a complete new multi-player game, focusing on the fighting in the Pacific Theater of WWII, with the US Army and Marine Corps taking on the Imperial Japanese Army. To celebrate the launch we've put together an amazing new launch trailer for the game!

On top of the basic features, there is Tripwire Interactive's support for the customer: apart from an ongoing 25% discount for all those who already own RO2, there are update packs already in the works, which will add more free content to your games!

Rising Storm is now available NOW on Steam (Rising Storm store page) as well as other major digital outlets!

I have had the Beta for about 1 month now and it is by far the best WWII game that I have played. The maps and detail are incredible..

Check out the Trailer :

http://www.risingstormgame.com/

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Fri May 31, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Flanyboy
Reactions:

Re: Rising Storm !!

Post by Flanyboy »

Is it better than RO1? RO2 was supposedly far more arcadey and close ranged than 1 which was more historically accurate and enjoyable according to what I've seen. RS is based on RO2 hence my concern.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey Flanyboy,

I don't have RO1, but players that have all of them like this game a lot....

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
mb213
Reactions:

Post by mb213 »

Is it better than RO1? RO2 was supposedly far more arcadey and close ranged than 1 which was more historically accurate and enjoyable according to what I've seen. RS is based on RO2 hence my concern.
I have all the games in the series and in my opinion- yes. RO2 is much better than the previous games. I pre purchased Rising Storm and downloaded it last night. Hope to try her out today (after my standing Sunday tee time). Not sure what you mean by arcadey- if anything the graphics in games prior to RO2 were non realistic. RO2 has much better graphics, and the game play is outstanding. I used to play FPS on the crouch servers as I found the game play to be tacticool, run and gun just wasn't that much fun. Since RO2, that has changed for me. Cooperation is needed between players to be successful. You can run and gun, crouch, crawl it matters not the game play is very good.
"Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann"
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

RO1 was fantastic.