Beta Released: Napoleon's First Campaign

Zeke
Reactions:

Beta Released: Napoleon's First Campaign

Post by Zeke »

Okay Guys you have waited long enough....

Here we go this is the beta any issues let me know and I'll amend....

http://www.mediafire.com/?qy4r31k4brblni9

Nine OOB's done for this also includes a full campaign guide/overview of the campaign and Order of Battle booklet with the OOB breakdowns ;)

Once downloaded drop the 1796 & 1800 folder into you mod folder

Open the game and Select the mod

You're good to go!

The flags are not the greatest I have dulled them down a bit but Im by no means a flag modder maybe someone would take up the challenge :)

I have included a full campaign overview booklet and OOB breakdown datasheet - please give these a look over as there is lots of info in there about the campaign and the battles.

More campaigns to come however the next one will be probably Napoleonic rather than revolutionary war

Zeke
Last edited by Zeke on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Update: Napoleon's First Campaign

Post by Davinci »

Zeke , Excellent Screenshots, the map terrain along with the trees look good. I think that some of your Flags are too big, but still looking great!

Keep up the great work!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Zeke , Excellent Screenshots, the map terrain along with the trees look good. I think that some of your Flags are too big, but still looking great!

Keep up the great work!

davinci
Thanks Davinci - as I said I'm no flag Modder...that much is certain! Historically the revolutionary flags were bigger than the later Napoleonic variants however I may have over-egged it a bit!!! :whistle: But they give a flavour for the period. If I get time I may release an update and reduce them slightly... they give a certain 'je ne sais quoi' for the time being ;)

Just wondered if you were planning any large maps in the future? I'd love to do a Wagram or Ulm OOB but they would be massive and would need a bigger map unless I broke them down

Zeke
Last edited by Zeke on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulysses S. Grant
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Keep up the great work!

davinci
Thanks Davinci - as I said I'm no flag Modder...that much is certain! Historically the revolutionary flags were bigger than the later Napoleonic variants however I may have over-egged it a bit!!! :whistle: But they give a flavour for the period. If I get time I may release an update and reduce them slightly... they give a certain 'je ne sais quoi' for the time being ;)

Just wondered if you were planning any large maps in the future? I'd love to do a Wagram or Ulm OOB but they would be massive (my Wagram OOB is 2400 lines long!!) and would need a bigger map unless I broke them down

Zeke

Ulysses S. Grant
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Looking great, the early uniforms are one of my favourite periods and the new sprites can also be used for Spanish for my Peninsular campaign.

The flags look very bright and out of place though. A pity. Maybe Reb Bugler can give some advice on toning them down? You could try using a light grey instead of an actual white for teh white areas and then add the same tone of grey to all the other colours so they share the same tonal range.

Are they animated flags? Doing that alone seems to reduce their impact to a degree.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Thanks Davinci - as I said I'm no flag Modder...that much is certain! Historically the revolutionary flags were bigger than the later Napoleonic variants however I may have over-egged it a bit!!! :whistle: But they give a flavour for the period.

Zeke - You can use the gfx.csv file to reduce the size of the flags after you make them! So, you wouldn't have to redo them again.
Just wondered if you were planning any large maps in the future? I'd love to do a Wagram or Ulm OOB but they would be massive and would need a bigger map unless I broke them down.
I experimented with a larger 12.5 mile map roughly six-seven months ago. I think that it will work, but it brings down the FPS quite a bit.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Any Piedmontese in these OOBs? Just asking because I had a 1790s Piedmont army in 15mm once. I have full uniform details for them.

Regiment of Savoy flag:

HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Hi Saddletank - They make an token appearance in the battle Dego (check out the flags on the last screenshot above it shows them) but I have focused on the battles between French and Austrians - mainly due to the lack of representive uniforms for the Piedmont forces however one day I would like to look at doing a OOB for the battle of Mondovi - although I do cover it in my overview for the campaign.

If we had Russians Id love to do the later Battle of Novi as well! But as we have Prussian Flags in the offing most likely I will do Jena and Auerstadt next!! :woohoo:
Last edited by Zeke on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulysses S. Grant