gunship24
Reactions:

Gunship24s sprite pack (beta)

Post by gunship24 »

Hello All,

Link:
DOWNLOAD HERE (Mediafire 88MB)

Install:
Extract to Mods folder. Can be used stand alone or import into your own Mods.

I have collected all my TC2M sprites for download and made them compatible with SoW. You should be able to use the collection as a stand alone Mod and create OOBs around them (sorry i didnt include any im just super busy right now). There are no flags but i see Reb is taking care of that :).

The sprites were mostly for my Waterloo TC2M project that i never did finish but include:
Nassau, Orange Nassau, Belgium Line, Dutch Militia, Dutch Light, Brunswick Line, Brunswick Leib, French Middle Guard, Young Guard Tiralliers and Voltiguers, Prussian Musketeer, Grenadier, Landwehr, Dragoons, Artillery, Russian Fusilier (2 variations), Jager, Life Guard, Horse jager, Artillery, Horse Artillery, and Milita.

The animations are older and use the older non-packed format but they will do.

PS/ Any issues please tell me.
Last edited by gunship24 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: Gunship24s sprite pack (beta)

Post by Jack ONeill »

OMG!

This changes everything. Screw the OOB i've been trying to post all day. (I know why it didn't work, but who cares now). I will be going back and re-doing all the OOBs I did and replace the erzatz troops with whatever real ones Gunship has just graciously provided for us.

Thank you, Sir!

"molon Labe"

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

OMG!

This changes everything. Screw the OOB i've been trying to post all day. (I know why it didn't work, but who cares now). I will be going back and re-doing all the OOBs I did and replace the erzatz troops with whatever real ones Gunship has just graciously provided for us.

Thank you, Sir!

"molon Labe"

Jack B)
Pass that man a tissue.....and best get me one too, whilst you're at it :cheer: .

Thank you Gun.

Hopefully, your older, unfinished project will now be realised in new form. The lads at Kriegsspeil just had another cracking Nap MP game. Its my view that, whilst you are running around fighting, you don't notice the extra detail but will still appreciate the different uniforms and flags.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Wow, this is tremendous. Thank you so very much.

And to add to Grog's comment, in our Nap MP battle tonight I had a French battalion form square and get charged by a squadron of Austrian Chevauleger. The cavalry suffered about 60 casualties and withdrew, the infantry lost not a single man. Some clever people over at the Kriegspiel group have got your awesome mod working better and better as a representation of Napoleonic combat. Squares now really do work and conversely, lines are very vulnerable to cavalry and its all down to your great work.
Last edited by Saddletank on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Tank,

Would you shoot me a PM regarding squares over at the Kriegspiel group? For some reason something has changed and my squares are taking way more casualties than they used to. I haven't changed anything in the .csv's I'm aware of.

Thanks.

Jack B)
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Molon Labe"
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

I have a question for the assembled multitudes here. I have dived head first,(ow!),into revamping my OOBs with the latest sprites from Gunship, starting with the 1806-07 OOB Russians. Heres the question - do I change the artillery flags from static, (right now they are Austrian), to small, wavy Russian flags on each gun/Limber OR do I go "Ghost_Unit" on them all, and have a really clean-looking Battlefield, with just the Battery Commander with a Flag and the guns without? I'd like to do this ONE time and welcome your input, as y'all are going to be trying to use these OOBs. (As far as I know).

Also, so far, the new Russian Infantry and gunners look outstanding! I WILL post pics here later tonite.

Talk to me people.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

The attachment screen0087.jpg is no longer available
Arty with no flags (Ghost_Unit)
The attachment screen0086.jpg is no longer available
Arty with small wavy Russian flags
The attachment screen0085.jpg is no longer available
Jagers
The attachment screen0084.jpg is no longer available
Grenadiers and Musketeers

Okay,

Some pics.

Take a look. See what you think.

Jack B)
Attachments
screen0087.jpg
screen0087.jpg (780.54 KiB) Viewed 164 times
screen0086.jpg
screen0086.jpg (746.19 KiB) Viewed 164 times
screen0085.jpg
screen0085.jpg (805.91 KiB) Viewed 164 times
screen0084.jpg
screen0084.jpg (822.01 KiB) Viewed 164 times
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Molon Labe"
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Hi,

Splendid progress. Should be great when it all eventually comes together. It's all passing a bit above my head technically at the moment. What's actual ... whats just work in progress. Which offerings are actual mods and which are future developments for flag and uniform design packs.

It seems I'm not completely alone, seeing the mild surprise that Gunship's latest package has generated.

Just a reminder that those fine TC2M sprites for the American Revolutionary War and for the '45 Jacobite Rebellion are still out there somewhere. I still use them regularly in TC2M open play.

I'm surprised that the American Revolution hasn't received a little more attention. Is there a faction around amongst us who would like to see it represented ? At least in OOB form.

Geoff Laver Late of her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot.
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Jack - I like the artillery units without the flags, they look less cluttered so to speak, but how did they look in real-life?

Did the artillery units have flags assigned to each battery, I'm guessing that they probably didn't?

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

geoff,

Here's what we have so far. Gunships sprite pack was surprising only in its size. I knew he was working on the Russians. RB is working on new, beautiful Flags and I have completed the tech aspects of making them smaller or invisible, i.e: the Ghost_unit mod. Also, I am working on revamping all the OOBS I have produced which have units which don't have the correct sprites for the unit they are in. All the stuff I posted yesterday regarding the 1813 Mod you should ignore for now. I will be replacing all the fake Russians with real ones, etc. I will be doing the 1806-07 OOB first, then going back to Waterloo and Quatre Bras and putting in the Belgians, Dutch, Brunswickers, etc. THEN, I will do a complete overhaul of Waterloo with the Prussians we have now, as a secondary OOB with the attack by the Prussians on the French right flank, followed by an OOB detailing Grouchys attack on the Prussian Rearguard Corps at where-ever that was (Wavre? I can't remember). After that, back to the 1812 and 1813 OOBs.

I will post a gfx.csv file with all the flag mods built in, for anyone who wants it. You WILL have to run RBs Nap_Flag_Mod to play some of these OOBs.

At some point, I will entreat RB to pleeeeease make the Prussian White "1st. Battalion" Flags, just because..... I will probably have to bribe him with something cool.....like a case of real San Miguel Dark Beer. (Have to get hold of one of my SF buddies in the Phillipines for that. You can't get it here anymore).

Anyway, hope that helps.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Molon Labe"