Gunship24s sprite pack (beta)

Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Gunship24s sprite pack (beta)

Post by Saddletank »

While the game looks so, SO, much better without a flag on every limber, sometimes you need to talk specifically to a gun and in those instances, it having a visible flag really helps.

I know this answer doesn't help much Jack but its my view. I like having the visible flags as a convenience but I hate them as clutter. Is it practical to have your invisible ghost flag as being very slightly visible? Maybe has a hazy roundish blob-shape so it looks a little like a patch of dust or smoke? Or... maybe that would just look horribly cheesy.

Alternatively could the hot spot/clickable flag icon remain invisible but be set at ground level so you would click on the actual gun (or limber) graphic to select it?

As you can see, I'm in favour of removing the cluttery flags but in favour of still having something easily clickable.

Marching Through Georgia's latest patch for HITS/Couriers play that introduces many changes is now linked in this thread:

http://forum.kriegsspiel.org.uk/t760-ne ... games#6938

You don't need to play either HITS settings or use couriers to use it, free camera and no couriers is fine. This patch tweaks cavalry to be both more powerful vs infantry lines and columns but weaaker vs squares, adds a new highly ragged skirmish line formation, adds in MTG's increased morale penalties for flank and rear fire and a few other changes.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

T,

Thanks for the link. I will investigate it and most likely incorporate it directly into my .csv files.

I agree about the Gun-Flags. I too think it would really bad for something else rather than a flag to be there. Making something smaller requires talents I do not have.

To that end, I will be posting a revised 1806-07 OOB with the smaller Russian flags on the Guns/Limbers, rather than leaving them off. I'M used to it, but completely understand the situation.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

As an aside - I'm reasonbly sure we can get to clicking on the gun or gun-carrige somehow, I just haven't figured it out.......yet.
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Excellent many thanks Gunship24 this really opens up some nice campaign options. As soon as I have finished tweaking my 1796 campaign I'm going to look at another nice juicy campaign - Dusting off my 1806 1809 and 1812 campaign books now!! :laugh:

Re the ghost flag we had this issue with TCM2 it was solved by making a no flag mod that worked really well (see the TC2M forums).I incorporated it in most of my OOBs something similar could be done here I'm sure - its worth investigating :)

Zeke
Last edited by Zeke on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Zeke - please excuse the public prod - I sent you a PM a couple of days ago, not sure if you've seen it?
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Z,

The Ghost_flag IS a no_flag modification of an existing one. In the gfx.csv file I just posted for the revised 1806-07 OOB is all the information to do it, or just use mine. :)

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

Damn! Are we busy little bees or what? LOL!!! :laugh:

"Molon Labe"
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Zeke - please excuse the public prod - I sent you a PM a couple of days ago, not sure if you've seen it?
Sorry missed your message - just replied to you B)
Last edited by Zeke on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ulysses S. Grant
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Z,

The Ghost_flag IS a no_flag modification of an existing one. In the gfx.csv file I just posted for the revised 1806-07 OOB is all the information to do it, or just use mine. :)

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

Damn! Are we busy little bees or what? LOL!!! :laugh:
Whoops missed that sorry! :blink:

Zeke

Ulysses S. Grant
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Z,

LOL!!

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Question - as these sprites use the old less efficient compression method, does anyone have a link to the thread on the forums where it was discussed how the sprite graphics can be compressed into the new format of packing them? In MP I get a huge benefit in frame rates from the new packed graphics so I'd like to pack these ones.

Zeke - sorry to prod you again publically - another PM awaits you! Thanks!
Last edited by Saddletank on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Question - as these sprites use the old less efficient compression method, does anyone have a link to the thread on the forums where it was discussed how the sprite graphics can be compressed into the new format of packing them? In MP I get a huge benefit in frame rates from the new packed graphics so I'd like to pack these ones.

Zeke - sorry to prod you again publically - another PM awaits you! Thanks!
Can't find that packing thread via a 'packing sprites' search, probably just have to hunt it down.

Yeah, unpacked sprites hit performance big time, so for these new sprites to work decently they need to be packed. Unfortunately the packing process is very involved and requires several apps, one of which is not free except for it's demo version. I wish I had the time for this packing process but not at present.

Tank, if you're really serious about helping out here repost and maybe LP will step in and lend some assistance. I haven't packed sprites in almost two years (BloodBath) and I'm real foggy now on the proper procedures, plus, all my apps I used for this are on another and rarely used now older computer.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...