1813 OOB Redux...and revised with New Allied Sprites AND Flags :)

Jack ONeill
Reactions:

1813 OOB Redux...and revised with New Allied Sprites AND Flags :)

Post by Jack ONeill »

The attachment OOB_SB_NAP_1813_SR8_2013-06-15.csv is no longer available
The attachment gfx_2013-06-14.csv is no longer available
All,

The War for Liberation is on! Here is the 1813 OOB. It is based on the OOBs for the Battle of Dresden, August 1813, the First Day. What you get -

French Army - Elements of 4 French Infantry Corps, plus supporting Cavalry. St. Cyr's 14th. Corps - 3 Infantry and one Cavalry divisions. 4 Divisions of Middle Guard/Young Guard Infantry, divided into 2 Corps, with supporting Young Guard Batteries. Elements of Victor's 2nd. Corps, One and a half Infantry Divisions, with Batteries. l'Hertier's 5th. Cavalry Corps, really a weak Division. This sort of simulates the french lack of Cavalry during the 1813 Campaign. All total - 67,000 Men, more or less.

Allied/Coalition Army - Elements of 3 Nation's Armies. A Russian Advance Guard Division. A Russian Corps of one Division. (That's what made it to the Battlefield). Kleist's 2nd. Prussian Corps - 4 Infantry "Brigades" (equal to Divisions), with attached Cavalry and an attached Prussian Heavy Cavalry Division. an Austrian Corps of one and a half Infantry Divisions with an attached Heavy Cavalry Division. All total - 68,800 Men.

NOTES - You MUST HAVE the attached gfx.csv files attached above, (re-named BACK to gfx.csv), AND RebBuglers NapFlagMod to run this - ALL Prussian Flags are RebBuglers, and you need the gfx file to run the Russian ones. Also, you must be running Gunships new sprite Mod.

More Notes - LOTS of new Sprites, mostly Prussian Infantry, Cavalry and Guns. Lots of New Flags! (Thanks RB!). However, there are no Prussian Fusiliers, so Wurttemberg Light Infantry will stand in for them. Uniform is pretty close. The only Prussian Cavalry sprites are Dragoons. They will sub for Prussian Landwehr Cavalry, as well as themselves. Once again, the long-suffering Austrian Cuirassiers will stand in for the Prussian Cuirassiers.

I have only done around half the troops available during the Battle. It was a two day affair, with the Allies having an overwhelming advantage on the first day, which they failed badly to exploit. The French were heavily reinforced overnight and fought back to grueling victory the next day.

The Armies are roughly equal. The Allies have a slight advantage in troops, but the French have some higher quality in the Middle/Young Guard Divisions.

You'll have to go out and get ReBBuglers Flag Mod.

So, time to get stuck in! :laugh:

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

ALL - DaV caught a minor flaw with the Austrian Cav. I have edited it and reposted it. Thanks.
Attachments

[The extension csv has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension csv has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Jack ONeill on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Re: 1813 OOB Redux...and revised with New Allied Sprites AND Flags :)

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Mike.

Try your WINDOWS 64-bit on this incredible OOB without delay.

We keep having to redefine the word AWESOME. This one gets the nearest yet. AWESOMISSIMO perhaps.

Jack

Breathtaking . No other word for it. Bravo mon brave. Et Bravo encore.

I think at some point though some brave soul will need to reconcile and consolidate all these bits of mods that have run .... or not.

This is becoming, though, a bit of a cuckoo in the nest for SOW. The Nap Mods are now getting bigger than the entire original game and shouldering it aside somewhat. At some point it must surely be broken off as a stand alone game of its own. Rather like TC2M spawned "Horse and Musket" and "Rebels and Redcoats" which were much easier to handle as separate entities.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot.

"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Geoff,

Thank you. Yes, I think we are over-running the original Game in a BIG way, especially with Alissimo's Spanish Succession War Mod just around the Corner. (Sweet! - Lace Wars are my actual favorite. If you think I have stuff on Napoleonics...wait).

However, I think all of this just goes to show the absolute brilliance of the original game design, in the vast array of modding and what-not which can be done with this, in ALL the periods we've tried.

Seriously, the array of talent we have here revolving around the game is stunning. It boggles my mind sometimes in the sheer scope of what we can do.

As far as a stand-alone section goes, I've gone so far as to run two entirely seperate games on my comp. This keeps me from crashing the game by not having all the mods of one type interferring with all the mods of the other AND allows me to run whichever one I want without fuss.

Enjoy the OOB.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Jack - When You have the time, check line 636 and lines 639-647 !

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

DaV,

Brother, I will make the time. But, I don't have Excel activated. I'm working in Notepad. So, unfortunately, you'll have to be descriptive. Units, etc. Thanks.

Jack B)
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Molon Labe"
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I'm working in Notepad. So, unfortunately, you'll have to be descriptive. Units, etc. Thanks.
OK, Check out the lines marked in red !

I would guess that the spacing is due to you removing a Division at the last moment.
The attachment 1_2013-06-15.jpg is no longer available
davinci
Attachments
1_2013-06-15.jpg
1_2013-06-15.jpg (310.1 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Last edited by Davinci on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

DaV,

Most likely, yes. Edited and reposted.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Petrus58
Reactions:

Post by Petrus58 »

I'm having a problem which I'm sure is me not doing something right. Whenever I load a sandbox game using the new 1813 etc OOB, I get a ctd on Russian or Prussian 'general death'. I suspect it's due to where I have put the gfx file. I created a folder, then inside that another called Logistics, and put the gfx file/s inside that and activated it. Is this right? Help much appreciated as I can't wait to try these OOBs.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I don't have the Mod Installed, but where is the unitgfx file located.

You will need that file activated for the unit graphics.

The gfx is basically used for flags , not the units.

davinci
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Pet,

Try this -
(1)Install the OOB DIRECTLY into your copy of the NapMod, in the OOB section. That takes out one possible problem.
(2)Did you rename the new gfx.csv file back to this name - "gfx.csv"? It must have this name so the game engine can find and use the information. Then, like you did, put it in a "Logistics" folder and put THAT one in a Mod Folder, called whatever you want. Make sure you activate it in the Mods section. It also must run "Below" the NapMod for the correct priority.

You must run all these Mods to get this going -

NapMod, then the gfx.csv Mod folder, then Gunship24s New Sprites Mod, then RebBuglers NapFlagMod. If thats not correct, do NapMod, Gunships Sprites, the gfx.csv mod, then RebBuglers Flags.

I'm sorry to all of you if there is difficulty with all of this. Personally, I have put all this information DIRECTLY into the original, (but still most recent), Napoloenics Mod, so I don't have to adjust all these different mods to figure out which goes where. It's already there.

You do need all of the above mods for the following -
NapMod - self-explanitory.

Gunships new Sprites Mod - For the new Russian and Prussian Sprites. (Infantry, Artillery and Cavalry).

The gfx.csv file Mod - So the game can find the flags I've modded AND RB's new, beautiful Prussian flags.

RebBugler's NapFlagMod - to have the new Prussian Flags.

If anyone else is having problems, please post back here.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"