NapMod March music.....

RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: NapMod March music.....

Post by RebBugler »

Tank,

Assuming the other files referencing these sounds aren't altered, then what you have done should work. Are you sure you un-modded all those files you mentioned up front...sfx, etc.?
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

@Tank Can you post some of those sounds here ?

I don't have anything to do at the moment, so I'll experiment with them!
EDIT Post

Hmm, I can't get the game to play any marching music also.

I thought that I read somewhere that somebody modded in some music that worked years ago!

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

OK, I'm not sure if this is the answer that you are looking for, but here goes.....

I couldn't get the music to play using the example that you posted above.....

So, I renamed a smaller music file.....(i.e...cropped a section from the Mm_NSDMarch1 ) file and then named it MI_NSDMInf1 and it worked .

Basically, to put that another way, I just replaced one of the walking sounds with music sounds.

davinci
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

all,

Well this sucks. I put the music back in and now it won't play either. WTF? Worked fine maybe 2 months ago. Any possibility something has changed in one of the patches? Guessing here...

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I put the music back in and now it won't play either.
Well, there is a back-up-plan.

You can take one of the Marching Sounds and replace it with the Music so that it plays in the game.

This way, you will still hear both sounds while the units are marching, it sounds alright I guess.

The marching sounds have a Loop-Effect so the music file doesn't have to be very large.

davinci
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I'm only wanting the march music to play when I give the 'use roads' order for road marches, so replacing one of the ordinary marching sounds with it would probably drive me nuts!

Note that these music wav files are HUGE files and I'm wondering if the game won't accept files beyond a certain size.

Could you check with the team for me please Reb?
Tank,

Assuming the other files referencing these sounds aren't altered, then what you have done should work. Are you sure you un-modded all those files you mentioned up front...sfx, etc.?
Yes, certain. If I take out my new files and rename the old ones I get ACW marching music straight away.

EDIT: More testing. I switched off every single mod and went back to the vanilla game but using the new wav files. No music. Renamed everything back so the vanilla wavs are referenced and I get marching music.

I think there are only 2 possible explanations:

1) The Napoleonic music files are too big (they are all at least 10x the file size of the vanilla music files, some are 20x bigger)
2) The wav formatting of my Nap music isn't correct. The files play if I play them though my music player so my guess is its #1.

The limitation maybe due to my own PCs available memory or it could be a hard coded game limitation, and that final question is one for you to ask the team please Reb Bugler. Thanks.

Now I need to find a audio file editor that will drastically compress and worsen the sound quality of a recording so I can get it smaller!

2ND EDIT: Now this is getting interesting. I can see that sfx.csv identifies the marching files, defines them as road march music and controls how loud they are and how far away they can be heard but where in the game exactly does it tell the program which actual file to play?

I'm asking because I've been doing a lot of tests and my road march command now only gets the "Mm_NSDMarch2.wav" music file to play; its like there's a bug been introduced into the game and if it tries to select maarch1 or march3 thru march8 nothing happens.

I'm also now just realising that over the last few weeks "Mm_NSDMarch2.wav" is the only music I've heard any unit march to in any game.

The plot thickens.
Last edited by Saddletank on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

This may or may not be part of the problem. When the game first came out, someone was fiddling around changing the music files. He was having trouble hearing them. He had to run the wav files through a recording program and increase the volume substantially. That might be the problem you are seeing. It may also be that you have found an interesting bug. :ohmy:
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

I had this problem too, WAY back. Converting files would result in them becoming HUGE. Tank, my apologies - I may have sent you the wrong ones. I've got to dig around a bit and see what I did with the other ones. I know I've heard my troops marching to "British Grenadiers" at some point recently.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Tank,

Major apologies - I DID send you the wrong music files. I had to dig out the right ones from where I had hidden them from myself. I will send them along in a day or so.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"