Great Campaigns of the Civil War - Update: Atlanta OOB Pack released!!

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Don
Reactions:

Re: Great Campaigns of the Civil War - Update and Franklin-Nashville Campaign Announced

Post by Don »

I really like your new ideas! I'll be looking forward to them.
Don
Zeke
Reactions:

Re: Great Campaigns of the Civil War - Update and Franklin-Nashville Campaign Announced

Post by Zeke »

Okay much delayed so my apologies - Delay caused mainly by being distracted by other mods ....Anyone who mods this game will tell you its common for this to happen!!!!

So Introducing....

so here you go the link can be found here follow the instructions on the first page

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... nced#58565

OOBs Included:

Dugs Gap
Resaca
Rocky Face Ridge
Adairsville
New Hope Church
Dallas
Pickets Mill
Kolbs farm
Kennesaw Mountain
Peachtree Creek
Atlanta
Ezra Church
Browns Mill
Utoy Creek
Jonesboro Day 1
Jonesboro Day 2
Lovejoy Station

and overview of the campaign can be found here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?t6rryrkkls7vztk

Also included in the pack is a power point presentation that I have created for the campaign

a few other tweaks ;) uses RBs lovely flags mod no maps but hopefully someone will start to look at the western side of the war. Pipe Creek maps, Brandy station foxes gap and the new Lynchburg map make good replacements ;)

Mod dedicated all the fantastic modders on this forum most far better than me :)

....and a special tribute to Modder John Bonin - RIP Brother John (2nd Texas)he was a very talented modder, an true artist who left us far too soon...adieu mon ami
Last edited by Zeke on Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Zeke
Reactions:

Re: Great Campaigns of the Civil War - Update: Atlanta OOB Pack released!!

Post by Zeke »

Next Campaign to be released in a few weeks will be the 1864 Franklin - Nashville campaign more details to follow B)

Ulysses S. Grant
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

is B&F necessary? only asking because Win8 does not seem to work well at all with B&F, so I never have it on anymore...but would like to see/use your new mod...
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

(deleted...incorrect post)
Last edited by JohnVW on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

is B&F necessary? only asking because Win8 does not seem to work well at all with B&F, so I never have it on anymore...but would like to see/use your new mod...
Hi JohnVW yes I think you would be able to as I think I did imported the new flags into my MOD.....Hmm I'll check and confirm later - Although I recommend using it as it is a great mod (RBs not my pathetic efforts! )

Ulysses S. Grant
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

i agree; B&F has always been a favorite of ours as well...we love it...but since going to Win 8 I did start having problems...
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

i agree; B&F has always been a favorite of ours as well...we love it...but since going to Win 8 I did start having problems...
Nope not all the B&F flags are in the Atlanta mod folders I'll see if I can rectify that with a small fix but for now RB's mod is required

Ulysses S. Grant
captain_george
Reactions:

Post by captain_george »

Does Atlanta come with a map or is it just the OOB?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Just the OOB. No-one has made any historical ACW maps other than Norbsoft; all modders maps made so far are fictional. I believe Norbsoft have said they wish to retain authorship of maps of actual battles. I saw your post about Shiloh elsewhere and suggest you contact one of the NSD team to enquire about making such a map. NSD may have reasons to decline as they may have plans for a future add-on of their own of that battle.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.