ARMA 2 OA AlienZ Wasteland First Edition with DB Save Feature! [Video & Download Links]

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

ARMA 2 OA AlienZ Wasteland First Edition with DB Save Feature! [Video & Download Links]

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

[ How to Edit the Sarge A.I 1.52 Config File]

Here are the latest versions I have been working on. The Sarge A.I for Wastelands is now a final edit.
[August 23rd]
AlienZ Wasteland Without Sarge A.I Final: http://justallinone.com/files/AlienZWastelandFinal.rar
Final Version for Sarge A.I AlienZ Wasteland 3.0b: http://justallinone.com/files/AlienZWas ... IFinal.rar

Extract the contents of the zip file into your ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead Game directory. To start your server, just double click on Start Sarge AlienZ Wasteland Server.bat file. To Play on your server, just double click on your Play Sarge AlienZ Wasteland.bat file.
To edit the Sarge A.I config file, just go to your MPMissions\Sarge_XCOM_Wasteland.Chernarus\addons\Sarge folder, and edit the file called "SAR_config.sqf" or watch the video above.
Later!
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Re: ARMA 2 OA AlienZ Wasteland First Edition with DB Save Feature! [Video & Download Links]

Post by con20or »

The name Arma2 keeps popping up of late - and the great mods that go with it. Is it worth 10 bucks?
Flanyboy
Reactions:

Re: ARMA 2 OA AlienZ Wasteland First Edition with DB Save Feature! [Video & Download Links]

Post by Flanyboy »

If you like realism and want a huge open map FPS yes without a doubt.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I wouldn't call it an FPS! Its about the most realistic modern combat combined arms simulator out there on the public market. An uprated version not for public sale is in use by a number of governments for armed forces training. That's how good it is.

The basic game is extremely moddable so that you can literally do anything like have flying houses armed with rockets, or an alien combat game, or.... zombies. DayZ is th emost well-known mod for the game and catapulted ArmAII from a niche geeky combat simulator into a worldwide phenomenon giving Bohemia Interactive over 1.25 MILLION sales of the game and its add-on Operation Arrowhead.

If you want an idea of what the sum delivers search of YouTube for a user called Dslyecxi or a group called ShackTac and watch some of their stuff.

A basic video covering "best of the year 2012"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iylW68mwYIg

(in these vids every single soldier is an individual player - ShackTac often have 100 player missions)

Two longer videos of Dslyecxi as the gunner in an Apache:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89qiiWK0QNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Bi0ByIdbA
Last edited by Saddletank on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Flanyboy
Reactions:

Post by Flanyboy »

Almost everything you said is true. It is an FPS, it may not be similar to any other FPS on the market because of it's realism and ability to customize and mod but it is still a FPS.

The mods are what really caused the sales to take off as well, the first ARMA didn't have nearly the success this one has and the DayZ mod is the biggest signal contributor to sales for ARMA 2 although when DayZ had tremendous success as a mod it lead to more and more high quality mods being developed.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Shacktac is for Arma 3. I have been on the hunt for Arma 2 files, but nothing is showing up, even inteir mod download section.

To clear FPS vs TPS. Arma 2 is a First Person Shooter plain, and simple, and it's also a TPS as well. FPS, and TPS are only Views that make it either/or.

If your view is in first person, and you can shoot any weapon? It's a first person shooter.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

ok - i got the combined ops package, dayz sounds like its my cup of tea. gonna give it a go!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Michael - most of ShackTac's videos are of ArmAII - the 3 I linked to all are. 90% of Dyslexic's output is ArmAII. Also you may have misunderstood. ShackTac is a private gaming group, not a mod. There's nothing to download, only their videos to watch.

And due to the 3rd person camera its not an FPS. An FPS has no 3rd person option. Its design intent is a military simulator. An FPS is something like Quake or Half-Life. To call ArmA an FPS is pretty insulting! Just because a game gives you a 1st person view and a gun does not make it a First Person Shooter.
Last edited by Saddletank on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Hi.

Here is the link to their mod section.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/shacktac/files

I understand why you are saying what you are saying, but any game that has you looking through the eyes of a character, and shooting a weapon no matter if it's an alien blaster, or a M16A2GL, you are still playing an FPS. Now there are different FPS games such as you have mentioned above, but that only refers to the style of play. Quake is a kill everything that moves, and just live until you get to the next level. OFP, and the ARMA series are tactical shooters, BUT they can be also coined FPTS games (short for, well you know), but when it comes down to it, they are all First Person Shooters.

The same applies to TPS, all the difference there is that you are looking over the characters shoulder which is the way I always play ARMA 2, so in effect I would be playing a TPS, or TPTS game.

Personally I enjoy playing ARMA 2, with all it's great mods such as ACEx, ACRE (TS3 plugins), Benny's Warfare (Mission scripts), D-Day Invasion I-44, DayZ, and you yourself know, all the other great addons, islands, missions, etc.... ARMA 2 is the way to go (jury is still out on ARMA 3).

You know what Saddletank. Whats it matter as long as we have fun, and boy - o boy ARMA 2 sure does have allot to keep you busy.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.