The Red River Campaign 1864 – a John Bonin Production

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Martin James
Reactions:

Re: The Red River Campaign 1864 – a John Bonin Production

Post by Martin James »

Many thanks to Reb and all others involved from me too. I've always loved the Trans Mississippi, so it's nice to see it getting some airplay.

I did try to click thanks for the original post (several times :) ) but that function does not seem to be working atm, at least for me.

Martin
ColMcBroom
Reactions:

Post by ColMcBroom »

My compliments and bug collection, part 1: Red River

Howdy do, distinguished modders and respected users,

My compliments to the Red River crew, and especially to John Bonin. The maps remind me of my family traipsing back and forth across that part of the world in an underpowered Plymouth Belvedere station wagon when I was a child. Every time we went back to Tennessee, I'd be looking out at the low, hazy sun, spanish moss, and damp Delta landscapes. John and crew's maps struck me emotionally: an unusual experience while playing video games.

It's a silly question I'm about to ask: is anyone able to use Red River maps to make a scenario in ScenarioGenerator_v2.2? Is there a difference in kind between a Red River map and the official maps? My copy of SG2.2 doesn't notice the Red River maps on its maps tab. Please forgive my ignerntz.

My compliments again to the Red River modders. All that's needed to complete the life-like feel is to release ten billion mosquitoes and some juvenile alligators into the house.

----------------------------------------
Note: mail.com went out of bidness, so I had to re-register here...figured it would be simpler than trying to contact the admins personally. Nice to meet you-uns again!
ColMcBroom
Reactions:

Post by ColMcBroom »

I think I've answered my own question...learn how to use SDK. We'll see how that goes.
Reynolds
Reactions:

Post by Reynolds »

After activating this mod and trying to play one of the scenarios I get this error message when trying to load the game.

"Cannot find package file SHARPSBURG.DAT."

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Any help would be much appreciated.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

After activating this mod and trying to play one of the scenarios I get this error message when trying to load the game.

"Cannot find package file SHARPSBURG.DAT."

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Any help would be much appreciated.
That's odd, it's included in the download. Please re-download and try again, all I can think of is that you got a corrupt download since this has not been reported before.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Reynolds
Reactions:

Post by Reynolds »

I tried a second and third time with the same error. I looked into the mod files and found the file I think it is looking for in Maps/Packages. I do not know why the program cannot detect it. Any thoughts?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I tried a second and third time with the same error. I looked into the mod files and found the file I think it is looking for in Maps/Packages. I do not know why the program cannot detect it. Any thoughts?
How large is the file Sharpsburg.dat? It should be 28.4 MB.
Reynolds
Reactions:

Post by Reynolds »

28.5 mb
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Then it's not the download, the file appears good by it's size. Something is preventing this from loading, I'm guessing an anti-virus program running in the background. Disable if this is the case and try playing again.
Reynolds
Reactions:

Post by Reynolds »

I turned off my anti virus but that also did not fix it. Oh well. Thanks for your help.