American Rev. War mod anywhere??

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
JohnVW
Reactions:

American Rev. War mod anywhere??

Post by JohnVW »

using SOW engine (by far the best I've ever played)...I had one for the orig Take Command 2nd Mon, but would really love to find one for the improved SOW...if possible, email me any links/info to vwagoner1@aol.com (thanks...would save time and i'd love to get started...IF what I want exists!)
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: American Rev. War mod anywhere??

Post by Little Powell »

Unfortunately a Revolutionary War mod is not available. Typically, if it is not listed in the Released Mods Thread, then it hasn't been made yet.

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... od-threads

But it would be a great mod indeed.. Virtually everything can be adjusted in the SOW engine to properly depict the Rev War period.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

i'm with you, it would be great...and with CW and Naploeonic era already done, I would think it would be a natural!! I had the Rev WAr mod for the orig Take Command (the prequel to SOW) CW game, but as PC's come/go it got lost in the shuffle...

guess i'll just have to keep waiting...
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

Please see my reply to John's question in the Discussion section.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

hi jack...i'm kind of new to this website, so could you help me out? how/where will I find your reply (and where is the "discussion section")? thanks...
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

NP, Brother.

The "Discussion" section is the very first section of the forum here. It's the other place where you posted your question. My answer will be under your question, like this one.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

found it, thanks again!
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

John,

I will post the Files here in a Mod folder in the next day or so. Before I do, I will explain what I have done and what you might "possibly" need to make it work.

Sprites -

Continental Generals
British Generals
British Regulars (2 types) Red uniforms
British Regulars (1 type) Green uniforms (using them as Hessians)
British Highlanders (in Trewes)
British Dragoons
Continental Infantry (2 uniforms)
Colonial Militia (2 uniforms)
Continental Dragoons
Artillery teams (used for both sides)
Artillery Crews and Guns (used for both sides)
Wagon (used for both sides)
Ox-Teams (used for both sides)

Flags - I was unable to convert the TC2M RnR flags to SOWGB. They are a "two-stage" type and I cannot get them to work. (I had the same problem with some of the Frederick the Great sprites Flags). The Gun-crews are fully animated up to when firing. I am using what ever I have, just to get some on the field.

There are other sprites I have not converted, frankly since I had not intended to post these and was really doing this for myself and my oldest Grandson. (Big on Rev War right now). If time permits, I may convert the rest. (There are maybe 4-5 left).

I believe I put this Folder together as a stand-alone Mod. There is a slight chance you may need to have the current NapMod installed and activated, but from what I can see, I don't think so.

Again, I will post this as soon as I can, maybe tomorrow morning. That's when my useless Dish Internet seems the least annoying.

Jack

"Molon Labe"
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

jack, thanks...I have the NAP Mods (if needed)...i'll keep my eyes open over the next few days to see if you get it posted...thanks again...john
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Not sure about the green uniforms but Hessians wore dark blue, like the Prussians.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.