KriegsSpiel Napoleon Mod 1.710

Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: KriegsSpiel Napoleon Mod 1.710

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

A new version of the KS Napoleon Mod, version 1.710, has been uploaded. The links are in the first post of this thread. Many changes have been made.

Artillery is now a very major player in the battles as it was historically. They were responsible for 50% of the casualties in battle. The cannons no longer rotate around looking for targets. This unhistorical movement has been removed. So it will now be possible to assault a battery from the rear or flank. Attacking one from the front, especially the Russian batteries is not recommended. Correct placement of the batteries is now an important concern.

Grog has added many more portraits, giving the toolbar a much more authentic feel.

For those who didn't download version 1.705, the Russian army of 1812 has been added. They give the French a real fight. Nothing like being on the business end of a heavy position battery to spoil your day.

Maps which have been specifically modded for use in this mod have been renamed so the country they represent is the first word of their name. Some rivers are uncrossable except at bridges. Some have small hollow squares of stones which represent fortified buildings and give a large defensive bonus.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
AlanAugust
Reactions:

Post by AlanAugust »

Bonjour,

I'm not able to unzip the file ?
System answer when i try to unzip is : !
C:\Users\Alain\AppData\Local\Temp\KSNapoleonModLarge1710.7z: The archive is corrupt
Somebody can help ?
Gran Capitán
Reactions:

Post by Gran Capitán »

Try to download it again. It should work.
Gran Capitán
Reactions:

Post by Gran Capitán »

I donwloaded it and when I try to unzip I get the same message. The file is corrupt. :ohmy:
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

It seems to be working now. There may have been a problem with the file server. The size of the downloaded file should be 194,923kB.
Last edited by Marching Thru Georgia on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

I think there still may be issues with the server, I've tried four times to download the small map version of the mod and it bugs out at various times resulting in a corrupt file.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

There is some sort of problem with the NSD server as others have the found same problem while trying to download other mods, such as Pea Ridge. I think at this stage all anyone can do is keep trying until the mod downloads in its entirety.
Last edited by Marching Thru Georgia on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

In case you have trouble with the server, I've uploaded the mod (Large 1.710) here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ks9qp ... odLarge.7z

Supplemental maps(1.01):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/52hy1 ... al_Maps.7z
Agathosdaimon
Reactions:

Post by Agathosdaimon »

Hi!

I have tried twice now to download the small maps version but i get the 'archive is corrupt' message each time - is there another link for this one please? i need the small maps one as my notebook is 1366x768 resolution
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I put a copy of it up on my dropbox account:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8xqtnaby7xy8 ... 10.7z?dl=0
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.