Any Australian MPs?

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Major Findabiggertree
Reactions:

Any Australian MPs?

Post by Major Findabiggertree »

Hi guys, just checking if there are any Aussie MP's who wouldn't mind guiding a newbie through the ropes.
I'm based in WA and have been playing the game since the beginning. Timezones are a problem, being on the other side of the world, and I do shift work.
I have downloaded Teamspeak III and I am ready to venture into the Multiplayer world.
2ndAcr
Reactions:

Re: Any Australian MPs?

Post by 2ndAcr »

Not in Ozz land......US........would have to do some math to figure out time differences. But if workable, we don't use Teams peak but got no problems with guiding new folks thru MP in some co-op games. Only diff is we limit camera range to about 700 meters. Usually use courier in game only for communications, but for newer folks we will let them in game chat with questions and such.

The GCM guys also are a willing bunch to help out new guys. They use Team Speak.

If want to give her a whirl in a non competitive world where we care less about any mistakes made, give me a PM shout. We play for fun, so cannot ruin a game making mistakes.

Not saying the GCM guys get mad at mistakes. Was saying my little group could care less about mistakes made.
Last edited by 2ndAcr on Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Findabiggertree
Reactions:

Post by Major Findabiggertree »

Sounds good. Can you let me know your next get together I wouldn't mind sitting in for a look.
2ndAcr
Reactions:

Post by 2ndAcr »

PM sent. We do small pick up games almost everyday. Sometimes it is 2 of us playing co-op, and can reach 4-5 of us in a pick up game.
2ndAcr
Reactions:

Post by 2ndAcr »

Not sure if this is you, different name, but pulled it from the GCM forum, thought you might like to try and link up with him for some MP games.

http://forums.sowmp.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=575
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Useful tool for scheduling across many time zones.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

I'm in Adelaide and would be interested to try a game in the evenings - I had a go with the main MP group in the US a couple of years ago but the main issue was I had to be online around 11am saturdays/sundays which was difficult due to family stuff.

cheers
Jonah
Reactions:

Post by Jonah »

Hi there to all the guys from the far side of the world. We have one regular southern hemisphere player atm over at GCM being Picton as posted above he plays with us at the weekends mostly but i am sure if he was able to find weekday games he would join in there to.

Post up in our forums @ [url=http://]http://forums.sowmp.com/[/url]

The more of you that join the easier it will be for you to get a game going in your timezones meaning more fun for you all.

You can shedule games on the website [url=http://]www.sowmp.com[/url] allowing arranged games at times that suit you also you might find some euro's interested or night owls from the states looking for a late game willing to play we have several west coast(USA) players who find it difficult to get into the early games.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Time-zones are the bane of my life:)

Whenever we test with a mix of US and EU team-members there's usually an 8 hour time difference but it's not an insurmountable problem. I was in Sydney a few years back and if I am not losing it you are about +11 from GMT, so it should be no problem getting a game going.

If you have no luck PM me and I'll play you :)
Last edited by con20or on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi voltigeur

I live in Perth and Major Findabigatree and myself have played a couple of games lately as we both live in the same state. We can normally get games going around 7pm/ 8 pm in the evening and you are 1 or 2 hours ahead of us , so that might be doable . Major F usually Pm's me when he is free and we try to organise real life around a game. Pm me or Major F and we can organise something for the future

Remus