Game Won't Start

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
cj6
Reactions:

Game Won't Start

Post by cj6 »

I purchased the game today through Matrix and everything seemed to go fine through the install, but I can't load the game.

I'm on a Win 7 machine.

When I go to start the game I go to the loading screen and it just sits on Initialization and nothing happens. Same with the crash log.

I've already done a clean install with and without the 1.6 patch and nothing changes.

Any thoughts?
ADukes
Reactions:

Re: Game Won't Start

Post by ADukes »

It's possible the game is getting hung on the intro music. Go to your " Scourge of War - Gettysburg\Base\Music" folder and rename the mp3 files to whatever you want so they won't play when the game is loaded.
cj6
Reactions:

Post by cj6 »

I'm impressed. That was the issue. I can't believe how quick you guys were. Thanks for the help.

Any idea why that happened?
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

I've seen that when there are no speakers hooked up to a PC. Not sure if that's your issue.

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Lees Warhorse
Reactions:

Post by Lees Warhorse »

Hey guys I'm having the same issue but I have no MP3 files in my base/music folder. At the shortcut menu screen nothing happens when I click play SOW. I'm Updated to the latest patch.
"No 15,000 men ever made can take that ridge." Lt. General James Longstreet
July 3, 1863
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hey guys I'm having the same issue but I have no MP3 files in my base/music folder. At the shortcut menu screen nothing happens when I click play SOW. I'm Updated to the latest patch.
When did it last start? What changes since? Are you running McAfee antivirus?
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...