Fox's Division Report, Battle 22428

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
jennison
Reactions:

Post by jennison »

Campaign: Stars and Bars

HITS mode with bare map.

Maj Osmun Latrob,
Asst. Adjutant General & Asst. Inspector General: First Corps. Army of Northern Virginia.

MAJOR: I have the honor to submit the following report of the operations of this division during the recent battle.

At 10:00 AM, my division was initially ordered by Maj Gen Longstreet to remain in tactical reserve near the Woodall farm.

I then received orders to move west to an area southwest of the Graves house.

Shortly upon arriving ahead of troops, I observed Shipman's division engaged with the enemy past a woodline to my West.

When my division began to come up, I deployed Evan's brigade on my left in a small patch of woods in double line formation. Ahead of him on a low ridge, I deployed all three batteries commanded by McLean, Hayes, and Ferguson. I deployed Lowrey's brigade on my right in another patch of woods. I deployed Ellenwood's brigade to the rear in an open field.

Once unlimbered, my three batteries began to fire solid shot upon the enemy, inflicting moderate casualties.

After a period of about a half hour, I observed Shipments division begin to break from my front. I considered moving up in support but decided to hold my position as ordered.

Shortly after, Clarke's division came in on their left to support and swept the enemy from the area.

Although there was still moderate action beyond the treeline, the enemy was no longer in range of my guns.

At this point I held my defensive position as ordered. It was just after 11:00 AM.

At around 11:30, I was ordered to move to the South West to Kirbo to support Howell's division. I left the 19th Tenn and 22nd SC to stay behind to support Clarke. They were soon overwhelmed by a large force and were forced to retreat.

By the time I arrived at Kirbo and most of my division was still on the road, the enemy was in a route except for a lone regiment. My 1st SC was the first to arrive. They behaved gallantly and drove what remained of the enemy from the field.

Very respectfully, your obedient servant,
J. M. Fox,
Major-General, Commanding Division
Longstreets First Corps
Army of Northern Virginia

Union minor victory

Casualty report:

12th Georgia - 11
1st South Carolina - 11
3rd South Carolina - 8
9th South carolina - 12
3rd Georgia - 22
7th Georgia - 11
21st Georgia - 12
29th Georgia - 20
19th Tenn - 51
40th Tenn - 7
44th Tenn - 9
22nd SC - 20
Hayes Battery - 2

Killed - 71
Wounded - 235
Missing - 196
Total Casualties - 502

Link to battle details and replay
Last edited by jennison on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jennison
Reactions:

Re: Fox's Division Report, Battle 22428

Post by jennison »

After reading some real life OR's and seeing how detailed they were, I added more details.