Fox's Division Report, Battle 22466

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
jennison
Reactions:

Post by jennison »

Campaign: Stars and Bars

HITS mode with bare map.

Maj Osmun Latrob,
Asst. Adjutant General & Asst. Inspector General: First Corps. Army of Northern Virginia.

MAJOR: I have the honor to submit the following report of the operations of this division during the recent battle.

Upon arriving on the field, I was ordered to move just a few hundred yards to the East in a woodlot south of Mcdonald. I deployed Evans' brigade along a stone wall that bordered a woodlot with my other two brigades in close support in a field to the rear.

Shortly after arriving, I observed union artillery moving north on a road just to my east, followed by enemy infantry. The force appeared to be a full division.

I then observed a friendly division engaged with the enemy several hundred yards to the south.

I saw an opportunity to capture the artillery while it was limbered. I quickly moved Evans brigade to engage and ambush the artillery as it moved West on a road. They managed to capture one gun before the enemy pulled back.

The enemy then deployed its brigades in line and attacked my position fiercely.

I moved Ellenwood's brigade to the right of Evans to support my right, and Lowery was put in the rear to support as needed.

My whole division became heavily engaged and began to take heavy casualties with several of my regiments routing.

My position was a precarious one. The enemy took the high ground on both of my flanks and continued to charge aggressively.

After inflicting heavy casualties on the enemy, I was forced to retreat. It was shortly before 11, I ordered my division to retreat to the west and they did so in fine order.

Despite having to withdraw, my division still behaved gallantly, capturing two enemy regiments and a gun.

The 19th GA behaved especially well, routing several enemy regiments and capturing one. They did not withdraw until ordered to.

Very respectfully, your obedient servant,
J. M. Fox,
Major-General, Commanding Division
Longstreets First Corps
Army of Northern Virginia

Battle result - Draw

Casualty report:

Totals
Troops 4457
Remaining 2650
Casualties Inflicted 2018
Casualties 1807
Percent 40%
Killed 311
Wounded 1127
Missing 369

Commander Casualties

Brig Gen James D Ellenwood (w) - Ellenwood's Brigade
Col Park W Adair (m) - 1st South Carolina
Col Thomas H Franklin (k) - 3rd South Carolina
Col Felix E Evans (w) - 29th Georgia
Capt James D Rogers (m) - 47th Georgia
2Lt Alexander F Pearson (mw) - 3in Ordnance
2Lt Henry S Boyd (w) - 20lb Parrott
Sgt James M Knowles (w) - 20lb Parrott
Cpl Joseph N Stokes (m) - 3in Ordnance
Cpl John R Stover (w) - 20lb Parrott

Link to battle details and replay
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Re: Fox's Division Report, Battle 22466

Post by KG_Soldier »

With the 200 yard rifles in the GCM, even in single player against the computer, you can't run your guns up and canister the enemy without losing all of them.

Thanks for the battle report.
jennison
Reactions:

Re: Fox's Division Report, Battle 22466

Post by jennison »

With the 200 yard rifles in the GCM, even in single player against the computer, you can't run your guns up and canister the enemy without losing all of them.

Thanks for the battle report.
You are right about that. And I found that out the hard way. :)