Man, I've been away for a long time [Dayz Standalone]

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Man, I've been away for a long time [Dayz Standalone]

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

I had my head buried up my own gaming behind lately. Anyone here play the new Dayz Standalone?

I've been having a great time playing, if anyone is interested in joining in let me know.

My nick is Mikesla on Steam, and yes I broke my own rule. I couldn't resist the urge to scrath my Dayz itch I've been having.

Cheers.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Man, I've been away for a long time [Dayz Standalone]

Post by con20or »

Just spotted it the other day - it's in beta stages? Any different ot the mod? I bought ArmaII to play the mod but just couldn't get into it.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

My nick is Mikesla on Steam, and yes I broke my own rule.

A sure sign the apocalypse is nigh!
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Just spotted it the other day - it's in beta stages? Any different ot the mod? I bought ArmaII to play the mod but just couldn't get into it.
It is allot different. I was surprised how much it actually is. I've been playing it quite a bit lately.

Is it worth the 30 dollars? I believe so because better to buy it now than have to pay 50 dollars later. They are releasing weekly updates which is very good.

I'll give you something that is very different (among many changes I can't go into), the blood bad, and test equipment, and taking hostages.

[Story]

Two fellows came across another player, told him to surrender which he did (kneeling down, put his hands on the back of his head). The two decked out fellows handcuffed him. They then tested the captured player with the blood test kit, the blood matched (if you get it wrong, and take the blood before matching it to your blood type, your pretty much dead). They siphoned the poor bugger out of two pints. They then took his clothes, his weapons, then they took the hand cuffs off, and let him go. The poor bugger was running away completely defenseless, but he did get away with his life, just minus two pints of blood (will come back gradually if he eats right, and drinks plenty of water overtime, or if he finds a dead player yo use a medkit on), and his gear.

Another instance is about two sick people force feeding a handcuffed player till he died... There are some very sick players out there.

The list is very long as to the changes in the game, and yes I like it. So far I have 20 hours under my belt, and only died twice, one by a zombie,and doing something stupid. $30.00 dollars is pretty good price.

Later!
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

My nick is Mikesla on Steam, and yes I broke my own rule.

A sure sign the apocalypse is nigh!
Yup... I have no defense for why I did what I did....