Pea Ridge 1862

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Pea Ridge 1862

Post by RebBugler »

Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale

INTRO Pea_Ridge_1.jpg
INTRO Pea_Ridge_1.jpg (404.75 KiB) Viewed 451 times
Unzip and copy to the Mods folder:
Pea Ridge 1862

Two SP scenarios are included for each battle along with a sandbox OOB. Four additional duplicate scenarios provide non carryover options and four MP scenarios completes the 16 scenario set. For more info regarding the scenarios please read the Intro when selecting the mod in the Modifications screen.

Primary Reference Source:
Pea Ridge, Civil War Campaign in the West, by William L. Shea & Earl J. Hess

The NSD Team is most honored and proud to present this gift from John to the SOW community...

Merry Christmas 2013 and a Happy New Year to ALL
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After five years...Two new Updates:

1) Pea Ridge Redux Add-on - RELEASED by Crikey
Pea Ridge Maps Upgrade
Download: Pea Ridge Redux

2) Pea Ridge Flags Upgrade through Bugles & Flags

Prioritize these two mods in Modifications along with 'Pea Ridge 1862' in this order:
Pea Ridge 1862
Pea Ridge Redux
Bugles & Flags

For winter uniforms prioritize the mod Greatcoats below B&F.

Merry Christmas 2018 and a Happy New Year to ALL
Last edited by RebBugler on Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Merry Christmas to All. My 75th Birthday also today.

Just took a bit of time from lunch preparation to download Pea Ridge. Got some very strange graphics. Trees floating in the air in square boxes. Giant purple 'tryffids' standing around here and there. No, I haven't been dipping early into the Christmas booze.

Remembering the weird graphics problems that I encountered with Yellow Bayou, that later went away, I am loathe to comment unfavourably at the moment. I will try a new download later today and in the meantime let you all get on with your Christmases.

God Bless.

Geoff Laver

Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Merry Christmas to All. My 75th Birthday also today.

Just took a bit of time from lunch preparation to download Pea Ridge. Got some very strange graphics. Trees floating in the air in square boxes. Giant purple 'tryffids' standing around here and there. No, I haven't been dipping early into the Christmas booze.

Remembering the weird graphics problems that I encountered with Yellow Bayou, that later went away, I am loathe to comment unfavourably at the moment. I will try a new download later today and in the meantime let you all get on with your Christmases.

God Bless.

Geoff Laver

Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
I've seen that problem, that's why I've had to rename map textures and repack several of TJ's works. I believe it is messed up for you because you have Prairie Grove also enabled, if so, disable it in Modifications and check out Pea Ridge again...please report back. Looks like I'm going to have to do some more renaming and repacking, and release Prairie Grove or Pea Ridge again.

Thanks for the early report Geoff, I knew with TJ's textures being called from various works might be a problem.

Oh, and happy birthday. What a bummer your childhood must have been getting presents, all in one, birthday and Christmas. :S :laugh:
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Reb , Great Work, don't you ever rest!

Merry Christmas from the Great State of Tennessee to the Great State of Arkansas .

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
RDBoles
Reactions:

Post by RDBoles »

Thank you again boys. Pea Ridge is fantastic. It took awhile to extract. I had to use 7zip instead of winrar. But I have played a game and it works just great. Merry Christmas to all.
Move Forward
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Hi Reb,

Did as you suggested re unhooking Prairie Grove. Now all is calm, all is bright. Thank you.

You're right about the Christmas Birthday. Never ever got a birthday party either !!!!

Gosh, those fellows look cold in shirtsleeves though. Purely on humanitarian grounds, how about some capes, overcoats or mittens ??

Best regards,

Geoff Laver
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hi Reb,

Did as you suggested re unhooking Prairie Grove. Now all is calm, all is bright. Thank you.

You're right about the Christmas Birthday. Never ever got a birthday party either !!!!

Gosh, those fellows look cold in shirtsleeves though. Purely on humanitarian grounds, how about some capes, overcoats or mittens ??

Best regards,

Geoff Laver
Took a while, I thought maybe you had decided to just blow it off and war-dance among the "Giant purple 'tryffids'" :woohoo:

Yeah, I did some testing and Prairie Grove is the culprit. Time permitting, I'm going to redo Prairie Grove's textures and portraits like I have done for the RRC release so they're no conflicts when it is enabled...folks should be able to keep all their maps available without going into Modifications and shutting them on and off.

Ha, I figured right on the birthday thing, but no birthday partys ever...BIG BUMMER. :(

Maybe one of these days SOW will have some winter sprites, and some Western ones, and some Indians...all needed here.

As always, enjoyed your input...Thanks :)
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

A big thanks to RebBugler and the rest of the NSD team for getting this out. Personally, I think the map was John's finest effort.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Don
Reactions:

Post by Don »

Merry Christmas / Happy Birthday from North Carolina
Don
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

Thanks, Reb! Can't wait to give it a go.

And thanks, John! We know you're watching.
Last edited by garyknowz on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)