Pea Ridge 1862

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Grognard2
Reactions:

Pea Ridge 1862

Post by Grognard2 »

Thanks....tried it but now when I hit the only thing that looks like a download button on the first page of this thread, under the picture, nothing at all happens.
Grognard2
Reactions:

Pea Ridge 1862

Post by Grognard2 »

Was finally able to download the link by copying it to another tab. The download worked and I put the file in Mods folder.

However, in the Modifications folder, when you click on the mod there is no description. The maps from the Pea Ridge Redux are in Sandbox but the Pea Ridge 1862 does not show in Additional Battles, User scenarios or Sandbox.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Pea Ridge 1862

Post by RebBugler »

That's very odd that the maps show up but nothing else.  Open the Pea Ridge folder in Mods and check if the Scenarios folder is there, and complete with 16 scenarios.

Keep us advised of your progress, or lack of, and welcome to the forum.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Grognard2
Reactions:

Pea Ridge 1862

Post by Grognard2 »

Thanks for the welcome Reb, glad to be here.
Yep, all the scenarios are in the mod file and the ReadMes and all that are in em.
Prairie Grove is the same way, one scenario, as you would expect.  Is Prairie Grove dependent of Pea Ridge to work?
I don't see anything different about the zip file.  It has that 7Z zip white file icon just like your Bugles in Flags XIX, which works just fine.
The thing that gets me is that, when you look at the Mod in the Modification section of the game, there is no description, like it's an emplt folder, but it ain't, cause it's right there in the Mod folder of the game.
I think I'm gonna delete it and the zip and try downloading to my dropbox to see what happens.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Pea Ridge 1862

Post by RebBugler »

If you opened the Pea Ridge folder in the 'Mods' folder (not Mod folder), and you find 8 folders and the 'Intro.txt' file, then you should be good to go.  I don't understand why you mention the zipped files, they should remain in your 'Downloads' folder to avoid clutter in your Mods folder, only their unzipped version (folder) should be in the Mods folder.  Pea Ridge is not dependent on any other mod.  If anything, the Prairie Grove mod may clash with Pea Ridge.  Until you get Pea Ridge going, I suggest you disable other 'map inclusive' mods.

Keep the questions coming, if I haven't hit on something.
Grognard2
Reactions:

Pea Ridge 1862

Post by Grognard2 »

I'm not being clear I think.  Yep, I unzipped in the dowloads folder, then copied the file to the SoW Mods folder.  All 8 folders and the intro are present.  I have no other Mods of any kind activated not even the P.R. Redux..

I agree, it should be good to go and I so no reason why not.  

Can you tell me if, when you click on your Pea Ridge 1862 Mod in Modifications, you see the usual description of the mod over on the right?  Mine has no entry, neither does Prairie Grove.  I'm guessing that is an indication of something wrong.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Pea Ridge 1862

Post by RebBugler »

So, upon starting the game, you select Modifications, you click on 'Pea Ridge 1862', it highlights, and no Intro appears on the right side of the Modifications...Please confirm, one more time.

If so I request a screenshot of the Modifications screen, maybe I'll see something amiss.  I'll guide you through the screenshot and posting procedures if needbe.  Key F4 for the screenshot, you'll find it in the Work/Screenshots folder.

Grognard2
Reactions:

Pea Ridge 1862

Post by Grognard2 »

Thanks,  I was wondering about screenshots.  I haven't finished reading the manual yet and hadn't run across that yet.  Sending a jpg
Attachments
A.jpg
A.jpg (226.53 KiB) Viewed 256 times
RebBugler
Reactions:

Pea Ridge 1862

Post by RebBugler »

Screenshot did it, something is amiss.  You have 'Pea_Ridge_1862' selected.  Once unzipped, the name of the folder is 'Pea Ridge 1862', without the underscores between words.  Appears that you're using a zipped version, without it's extension, but I don't know how you were able to open it while zipped to check its contents.  Still, I'm miffed, but maybe you can track it down now.

Hang in there, we're getting close.  Next step will be a screenshot of your Mods folder contents, if necessary.

Edit:  Maybe you unzipped and extracted the mod into a new folder named 'Pea_Ridge_1862'...Check that you have one main folder named 'Pea Ridge 1862', and when you open it you see the folders and text file.
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grognard2
Reactions:

Pea Ridge 1862

Post by Grognard2 »

VOILA!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I extracted the file again  in downloads and it had the underscores.  
I had to OPEN THAT and get the file out.  
What I was doing instead was placing the still compressed file in Mods.
It was me...ALL ME.
I think the Wizard usually opens them for me or tells me to do so.
All fixed, thank you for the hand holding.  Looking forward to Elkhorn tomorrow.