I think the search is over for a Survival game.

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I think the search is over for a Survival game.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi guys.

Well, after purchasing Dayz Standalone, and playing it for a bit I decided to move forward. I'm a sucker for survival games, I have played RUST (big steaming pile of poo, they are really heading down the wrong road with this title), Minecraft (very cool, but after playing it gets pretty boring, at least for me any way.), Project Zomboid (interesting but really has a crap load of bugs, and I doubt they will ever fix the pixel clicking you need to do to get anything to work properly, but who knows, I'm often wrong), State of Decay is alright, and is fun to play, but since it has a persistent database, you are required to play it at least every 2 days otherwise the next time you play you are out of resources, and people start becoming... well weird so all that hard work has gone to waste.

THEN, I decided to take a chance, and get 7 days to Die, and I haven't looked back. To tell you the truth I can't go exactly into why this game is so good. It's currently the alpha 5 build, and boy does this game have it all. The crafting items alone is simply incredible, and so much more is coming to the title.

Here is the main link to the 7 Days to Die website: http://7daystodie.com/

If you have Steam installed, check the game out in Steam, it will give you more on what is in store for you, and the game...

I have only have great things to say about it.

Here is a video I made of a castle my friend, and myself are in the process of making, also one more thing the physics in the game are nothing like Minecraft, everything obeys the law, and principle of the real world, so be careful. You can have entire buildings fall into rubble. Also, if you cut down a tree, get out of the way, falling trees can kill you. Also, zombies will attack, and kill off the wildlife. When I first started, I came across two zombies, and while I watched, they turned, and ran toward a deer, and tore it into pieces. The poor deer was bucking to get away, kicking, and screaming for it's life but it didn't have a chance, but what it did do was buy me time to get out of there.

Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.