NorbSoftDev Announces Waterloo!!!

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
norb
Reactions:

Re: NorbSoftDev Announces Waterloo!!!

Post by norb »

I wish we had the manpower to work on multiple projects, but it's just beyond our resources.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

and just where else will they drift? you're not going to find a acw game that even comes close.the devs have recognised that theres plunder to be had from the rich vein that is napoleonic warfare,and they are in this to fatten the coffers. besides they have made it clear that they have plans for the acw, so keep yer powder dry and soldier on.good things are coming for all of us,have a little patience!
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

Sure, I'll wait for 2 years. I won't do anything else, and I won't look at any other games.

Things change a lot in gaming in 2 years.

I didn't play World of Tanks 2 years ago; I didn't play War Thunder 2 years ago.

New games will come along. And in 2 years time, SOW will still be played by people who now play Sid Meier.
Last edited by rudy on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

oh well,its a shame because i think you'll miss out.still,toodle pip!
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

I has to do a search on "toodle pip".

Its always interesting communicating with people who's first language isn't English.

TTFN.
Last edited by rudy on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Interesting to see the mixed reactions. As a Brit I'm very pleased to see a Waterloo release (and potent modding options) but appreciate different strokes for different folks.

However, for those who have doubts I'd like to mention my own experience. Pre TCM2 I had a passing interest in the ACW but that game really struck a chord and I subsequently bought a hell of a lot of books to fill out my knowledge which in turn lead me to start modding. Maps, sprites scenarios etc. I had a similar experience with combat mission - in its modern and past iterations. A good wargame can grip you when you least expect it and generate an interest in a particular theatre you never thought would appeal. B)

If Waterloo lives up to expectations it could do the same. I hope it does.

As you know, Waterloo is a very well reported battle with lots of first hand accounts describing soldiers' experiences. David Howarth wrote a great mini account of the battle which gripped me as a teenager. Give some of these a go. It may spark an interest you don't expect. :cheer:
Last edited by Crikey on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

I has to do a search on "toodle pip".

Its always interesting communicating with people who's first language isn't English.

TTFF.
well exactly!
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

It is too bad that some people feel that civil war fans will be short-changed over the next 18 months as Waterloo is developed.

I think they are wrong.

There are already some truly excellent mods out there, such as the recently released Elkhorn Tavern, Red River Campaign and Prairie Grove, which are just as outstanding as the stock games.

It is probably a safe bet that other civil war battle mods are in the works.

Be positive and supportive of Norb and the boys.

Where would we gamers who love this pre-20th century era be without them.
Last edited by conjotter on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Where it does not interfere with a new function, we will try to maintain backwards compatibility with GB files. This will make it easier to regenerate the GB series of battles on the new Waterloo engine. We do not know at this point what will or will not still work, but it is a bullet point in design considerations.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Baldwin
Reactions:

Post by Baldwin »

I've had a personal shift towards Napoleonic era battles as well so I'm glad this lines up. With a new graphics engine this could be pretty amazing! :cheer: If you need more testers let me know.