Kriegspiel scenario day - The long March Home

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Kriegspiel scenario day - The long March Home

Post by Saddletank »

Nice replay video. It shows how desperate the Union defence of Cemetery Hill was. The Rebs seemed to have an overwhelming strength coming at us from the south but for some reason their attacks withered away.

I did try my hardest not to have guns firing magic canister through my own defending infantry and tried to place them in gaps but its not always possible to get a full understanding of the angles from horseback level.

I think the replay also shows the good design of this scenario - the armies were not strong enough to secure all their objectives and while the Union chose to mostly ignore sitting on the objectives and concentrate in the centre, the Confederates, particularly in the east, spread out their troops and went to cover the eastern and north-eastern objectives with Pickett's division. This has almost certainly won them a better strategic position for the second day's fighting but meant they suffered serious losses in the first day's action around Cemetery Hill and south-west of town.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Martin James
Reactions:

Re: Kriegspiel scenario day - The long March Home

Post by Martin James »

M
Paradoxily if I moved slower it should be better, if I found the hill not so undefended I would have remained on the defensive according to the Neal orders. But unluckily I have also undervalueted the distance between mine and the other divisions and so Berthier joined me later than I expected when I asked his support.
I suspect I would have acted as you did, Mitra ;) .

Martin
Last edited by Martin James on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.