Game Crash

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Don
Reactions:

Game Crash

Post by Don »

Please tell me what went wrong & how to correct it:
Game Launched
18:57:51 Version:SOWGB
18:57:51 Reading Key: SOFTWARE\NorbSoftDev\SOWCV
18:57:56 PR: (ERROR) File: ..\..\Core\PR_Engine.cpp
Line: 1065
Error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

18:57:56 PR: (ERROR) SetViewport Failed PR_SetMode
Thank you,
Don
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Game Crash

Post by Little Powell »

Sounds like a corrupt install. Have you made any changes to the game recently? Is this a new install? Are you running the latest version of the game?
Don
Reactions:

Post by Don »

Thanks for the quick reply. I've only tried to install, unsuccessfully, the Tex-Mex War, which never shows up in my mods.
Don
Reactions:

Post by Don »

I'm running the 1.6 version of the game. Is there any easy correction method for this problem? Do I need to reinstall everything?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Thanks for the quick reply. I've only tried to install, unsuccessfully, the Tex-Mex War, which never shows up in my mods.
So, you downloaded and tried to install the Tex Revolution mod, and then your game crashes? Since it doesn't show up in modifications then you mean the game opens normally, but when you try to play something that's when it crashes?

I see that the download site has ads and might offer apps during the download process, this might corrupt things if an app gets installed from the site that you got fooled by...it's happened to me. Still, the site might be clean of sneaky apps, I don't know. Check for new stuff lurking on your desktop or among your files, or, when you go online. Obviously something's fishy since your game is up to date and you've been playing a long time...General Don. Copying a mod into the mods folder won't corrupt things, only can that happen when you enable it, and you said you can't do that because you don't see it (it's either still zipped or it has a period in it's name).

Please check and report back about all of the above questions, don't worry, we'll get you fixed back to normal.

Also, ADukes knows about all of the error messages and maybe can clue us in.
Last edited by RebBugler on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

Make sure the graphic card drivers are up-to-date and reinstall DirectX.