Hardcoded Routing?

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
WakelessREX
Reactions:

Hardcoded Routing?

Post by WakelessREX »

Is the automatic routing of units around 3/4s depleted hard coded or is this something that can be adjusted?
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Hardcoded Routing?

Post by Davinci »

Is the automatic routing of units around 3/4s depleted hard coded or is this something that can be adjusted?
I'm guessing that the only two people that could probably help with this would be Garnier or MTG .

Until then.....there is a file in the SDK that pertains to this called... BattleDef .ini

This file works with the unitattributes.csv file.

You could experiment with the settings in the ... BattleDef listed below....

CMBaseLoss=8
CMPctMenRemainingMod=50

I have never messed with them so I can't really help you out on this!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

It's hardcoded and doesn't depend on morale, so the BattleDef stuff can't change it.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

You can make troops run away before this by making morale more fragile and the effects of losses greater. The KS Nap Mod does this as does MTGs Couriers & Maps Mod.

You can't make them stay around longer after that loss level is reached.
Last edited by Saddletank on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
WakelessREX
Reactions:

Post by WakelessREX »

that's unfortunate, thanks all the same however :)
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

75% losses is higher than almost any unit could withstand, and many would be combat ineffective with far fewer losses, probably around 25% to 33%.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

For example, the 1st Minnesota lost 223 K/W of 332 engaged on 2 July, total casualties of 67%. They did retreat but did not rout off the battlefield and in fact were also engaged on 3 July as well. Anything much higher is difficult to justify based on ACW records.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
WakelessREX
Reactions:

Post by WakelessREX »

I am very familiar with comabt casualty rates and effect on morale, especially of napoleonic combat. While the very very mast majority of units and situations does apply to that general rule. Well i just dislike hardcoded limitations in general as a modder and finiker.
Thank you all the same for the quick reply and to the dev team, i can assume this hardcodeing will be applied to waterloo aswell?
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

A lot more of the AI will be available to be modded assuming you can mod using C++. This is very much a work in progress so we can't say for sure exactly what will be in or out of the moddable parts of the AI.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863