New to multiplay

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Harag
Reactions:

New to multiplay

Post by Harag »

I currently have the 150 ann edition, and my brother (hopefully) now has my old version of just gettysburg I bought 4 years ago (BTW Thanks for letting me transfer my key to him. :cheer: )

Anyway, I'm just setting my firewall up so he can connect to a game I host but I have a couple of questions if I may.

MODS: I have the following mods on MY version, how will these affect him, does he need to use the same mods?

1. Artillery & Weapons 8k
2. Cavalry 8k
3. TCM SOW Inf Mod
4. Realistic Smoke
5. Blood bath VI
6. Bugles & Flags XIV
7. Enhanced Unit Icons

8 (disabled) Couriers & Maps

The only one I would he "needs" is the smoke one, the courier & maps I had to disable (due to multiple drills.csv / unitglobal.csv files. But would my brother need all the others.

Version Difference- Since I have the 150 Ann edition I have load more scenarios in my list. Can we play these, or does he need the 150 Ann edition... ? (which I think he will get eventually.)

Thanks
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: New to multiplay

Post by RebBugler »

The mods used by individual players is very flexible, and designed where each player can play pretty much their own way. It depends a lot however on what mods the host enables, and cause conflicting mod issues.

With your situation, play between the two of you should be fine, if he doesn't have all those mods yet he just won't see or can use the B&F toolbar, etc.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...