The Long Dark....[Talk about a Gift Key]

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

The Long Dark....[Talk about a Gift Key]

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

Note: To see this you MUST be logged in...

Here is a game called "The Long Dark".

[hide]The reason why I have posted this is because I was being stupid, and I did something I do not do, and that is pre-purchase a game (my first, and last time). When I purchased the Survivor edition (this edition is above the standard Steam edition) I was stupid, and naive to think that I would get quick access meaning I would be able to play the game with the rest of the backers, unfortunately that is not what happened.... Anyway, I'm not grumbling here, only to give you reason why I am going to do below.

With the Survivor edition I get a Gift key for the final version which I am going to give away here when I do finally get it. I was going to release it on my Youtube channel but I decided to do it here hopefully I can drum up some business for NSD since you guys have treated me very well which I'm very thankful for by the way.

When I do have the small contest (not a contest really).

I will be posting two quotes from one of my most favorite novels. I would require three things, and the first person to get it right gets the key.

The three things I would need are as follows...

#1: Name of the Author.
#2: Name of the Book.
#3: The Character in the book who said them.

FINAL NOTE: I will be announcing the small contest on my YT channel, Facebook, and Twitter Account along with whoever wins the key. Just to make it a bit more clear, the novel is a classic.[/hide]

[GiSt - Click on Spolier]
SPOILER: SHOW
[GiSt #2 Images- Click on Spoiler]
SPOILER: SHOW
[/spoiler]

Stay Tuned, and I hope you folks do not mind me doing this because if I can drum up a few extra purchases for you, well... that would be very cool.

Also everyone is welcome to try.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Re: The Long Dark....[Talk about a Gift Key]

Post by con20or »

Sounds like a cool game Mike - if it's a free key that is yours to give I don't see any problem with it! Very generous of you.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Sounds like a cool game Mike - if it's a free key that is yours to give I don't see any problem with it! Very generous of you.
It's a free gift key when I got the game. The gift key is for the final which I think if the dev's keep to their original floor plan should be sometime later this year.

When I post it here I am hoping that it will drum up some extra revenue for you guys. The only thing that concerns me is the extra workload your website might come under because of people wishing to post their answers, and I hope it doesn't get in the way of your forum working properly, BUT then again not many people watch my videos so that might not be a problem (hehehe).

You folks will have a chance at getting the game. The answers are very simple if you know the book I am going to take the quotes from.

The first person to answer all three questions correctly will get the key.

I noticed on many if not all of the YT contests for free gift keys was mainly to drum up extra views, or subscribers, and to me it was a waste of time, and brain power.

What I mean is that no one learns anything, and that is the reason why I decided to go with introducing a book to people out there, and hope that they would pick it up, and read it.

I hope it goes well.

Cheers!
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

The only thing that concerns me is the extra workload your website might come under because of people wishing to post their answers, and I hope it doesn't get in the way of your forum working properly
I'm 99% sure you are joking here - but just in case this
BUT then again not many people watch my videos so that might not be a problem (hehehe).
isn't accurate, no you can't flood our website :laugh:
Col D. Streamer
Reactions:

Post by Col D. Streamer »

Great idea and congratulations!

The quotation of course is the long dark teatime of the soul said by Wowbagger in one of the Hitchhiker books by Douglas Adams

I think the book was the third in the series 'Life, the Universe and Everything ' but nor sure - I have the whole trilogy of 5 books upstairs so will check them out to see if I am correct

best wishes and thanks for sparking the great memories!
regards to all

Nick
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Great idea and congratulations!
Thank you. Instead of filling my own ego, I thought to change it up a bit, and try to get people to start reading books.
The quotation of course is the long dark teatime of the soul said by Wowbagger in one of the Hitchhiker books by Douglas Adams

I think the book was the third in the series 'Life, the Universe and Everything ' but nor sure - I have the whole trilogy of 5 books upstairs so will check them out to see if I am correct

best wishes and thanks for sparking the great memories!
Good thinking but no. They did make a movie out of it though (the book I am quoting).

That's about the most I can say until they release the game. I can't give away too much otherwise it won't be much fun.

Cheers.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

The only thing that concerns me is the extra workload your website might come under because of people wishing to post their answers, and I hope it doesn't get in the way of your forum working properly
I'm 99% sure you are joking here - but just in case this
BUT then again not many people watch my videos so that might not be a problem (hehehe).
isn't accurate, no you can't flood our website :laugh:
Haaaaa....