Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released

Post by Little Powell »

Scourge of War - Lynchburg

Download Link

To install, just unzip the Lynchburg folder to your Mods folder and enable in game. Included in the zip is a Lynchburg Readme.pdf with more info on the features and historic battle.

Version 1.0
Author: Little Powell, RebBugler, LouiRaider, 2nd Texas

This a standalone mod for Scourge Of War - Gettysburg. It is a special project we did for Liberty College in Lynchburg, VA for the 150th commemoration of the battle.

Important: You must have patch 1.5 or later to use this add-on.

Features:

- 5x5 mile map covering the Lynchburg battle area, including General Hunter’s headquarters “Sandusky”, The Quaker Meeting house, and other historic structures.
- Five Union and Confederate historic and “what if” scenarios covering the action.
- Historic Order of Battle
- Historic unit flags used during the battle
- One multiplayer scenario covering the action of July 18th, 1864
- In-game Lynchburg splash screens

Notes on the map:

The map includes several tactical features that make for enjoyable Sandbox/Multiplayer games. There is a river that separates the northeastern part of the map which includes the famous covered 9th street bridge. There are two earthen forts (Ft. Early and Ft. McCausland) and plenty of open areas surrounded by woods and LOTS of hills. Also the distinctive high mountain peaks to the southeast.

More info on The Battle of Lynchburg: Hunter's Raid

Last edited by Little Powell on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin James
Reactions:

Re: Scourge Of War - Lynchburg - Released

Post by Martin James »

Many thanks LP. Map looks really good and I can see myself using it lots. A nice mix of woods and open spaces.

I'm really looking forward to the Waterloo game, but it's nice to get the occasional ACW fix too!

Martin
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Thanks LP, looks great.

HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
13thnct
Reactions:

Post by 13thnct »

Is the year round ski slope at Liberty present in the map? :silly:
Excellent work, this looks incredible!
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Looks impressive. Great work from all involved. B)
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Wow! I know the area well. This will be fabulous. (Might have to leave the 18th century for a while). :)

Thanks LP.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

you guys are just like my exwife......just when I thought I wasn't going to get...well you know...I get some!!!! what other unexpected surprises (the Civil War, etc) are forth coming. Map looks great, can wait, but for now I must defend Fredericksburg.....

thank you very much,
the reb
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

Thanks for this package.

I love campaigns like this. A great learning experience (already read the pdf) and challenging scenarios. Good size too. Really delivers the feeling of "being there".

And bonus, the soldiers aren't wearing uniforms designed by Fruit of the Loom (Waterloo, 1812, etc.)
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Fruit of the Loom?

Lots of people think Napoleonic soldiers dressed like the artists of the time painted them, but since those artists were depicting the pretty clean uniforms of the parade ground and the march past, and were in the trade of glorifying and prettyfying war, most people today have a distorted view of what Napoleonic troops dressed like when on campaign... :huh:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/518/ ... roslav.jpg

And if you think ACW troops didn't dress in bright uniforms, you haven't looked at the 1861 armies. :woohoo:
Last edited by Saddletank on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Tank , I like the first picture of the uniforms; I guess that I’m also one that prefers the mixing of the uniforms instead of the parade-ground-uniforms.

It would be nice to have the ability to mix and match roughly twelve uniforms per regiment.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!