Crimea

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Pom
Reactions:

Crimea

Post by Pom »

The attachment Screen.jpg is no longer available
CRIMEA

A mod that trys to recreate the war in the Crimea between Russia and Turkey and Turkey's allies,
France,Great Britain,and Sardinia.

There are five orders of battle,
The Alma,
Balaclava,
Tchernaya,
and two fictional OOB's
Crimea French,
Crimea British.

I haven't forgotten Inkerman,I just feel that the battle needs to be a scenario and map.
On the subject of maps,I hope to be able to add Crimean maps,if(with the help of Norbsoft) I can learn how.

The Russians have been slowed down,use column formations,and have skirmishers,if you'd rather
use the vanilla games formations,then there is an alternative "unitglobal" csv in the Logistics
folder,just swap them out.
I've also kept the flags generic so as to keep down the strain on the frps.

The game needs no other mods to run.

My thanks to Marching Thru Georgia,I've again borrowed the skirmish formation from the excellent,KriegsSpiel Napoleon Mod,Gunship,for his cavalry tweaks,all the other modders I've learned from and the Norbsoft team for giving us a great game.

Pom.
Three links,standard or high res sprites,and screenshots(these are all standard res).

http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/Pom12 ... [b]Screens[/b]

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qd892 ... b]Standard Res[/b]

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2s5mx ... rar[b]High Res[/b]
Attachments
Screen.jpg
Screen.jpg (355.88 KiB) Viewed 177 times
Last edited by Pom on Sun May 31, 2015 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
rudy
Reactions:

Re: Crimea

Post by rudy »

This is wonderful.

Thank you very much.

For me, much more interesting than waterloo.

"Its beginning to look at lot like Christmas"!
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Excellent work again, Pom. Thank you very much.

Martin
Pom
Reactions:

Post by Pom »

Thank you Rudy,Martin,enjoyed doing this mod a lot.
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Great to see this finished, Pom.

Really looking forward to it. B)
tim
Reactions:

Post by tim »

Really nice stuff Pom. I actually started a Crimea mod for TC2M and made a few sprites - not sure if I still have them but then Norb asked me to make the SOW sprites. Its a fascinating war and a great subject for a mod.
Pom
Reactions:

Post by Pom »

Thanks Crikey,hopefully it's not quite finished as I still want to add some maps,but not sure when or if I'll be able to.

edit...and thanks for the idea for the Rifles symbol,may use that in future for the artillery,i.e. crossed barrels.

Thanks Tim,it's a limited war,so lends itself well to a small mod,and really looking forward to Waterloo.
Also made a mental note about what you said about the relationship between number of animations and number of uniforms,may have to look at my stock of animations again.
Last edited by Pom on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pansarskott
Reactions:

Post by Pansarskott »

A most excellent mod! :) One of the best on this site and the best you have made by far Pom! Had alot of fun playing it last night. The musket sounds, ambient, smoke and just to listen to the soldiers shouting in all their differnt languages made this an A++ experience!

Scourge of War has so much potential..the only thing I miss is a campaign with several days/weeks of fighting enemy armies, managing your units, deploying them and marching.
Pom
Reactions:

Post by Pom »

Thank you Pansarskott,I always play with headphones on so the sounds are important to me.

I would also love to see a campaign,I think they are planning a mini campaign for Waterloo,so another reason to look forward to it.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

speaking of "waterloo", does anyone know when they expect that to be avail?