MP question

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Ephrum
Reactions:

MP question

Post by Ephrum »

I read the game's MP manual, but not being familiar with MP or its terminologies, I have a couple of questions:

A friend and I want to play against the game's AI, can we do that?

And if we can, can it be achieved by Direct Connect to an IP address, if either of us host the game?
Last edited by Ephrum on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OHIO UNIVERSITY
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: MP question

Post by Saddletank »

Yes.

MP play can be co-op of a player team vs the AI, or fully player vs player with no AI commanders, or with some human and some AI commanders on both sides.

You can connect via a LAN but you both will still need an internet connection open.

If you choose a sandbox game and 'hunt them down' mode, the AI will sometimes send its divisions off to different areas of the map in search of the enemy and this can bring about odd games that can be disjointed and sometimes some AI divisions never get engaged. You can overcome this by introducing an objective marker, to which the AI will direct its attention.

There's a very simple and powerful scenario generator tool that's been made by Leffe7. Our group has used it to create some awesome MP scenarios.

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... rge-of-war
Last edited by Saddletank on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Ephrum
Reactions:

Re: MP question

Post by Ephrum »

Thank you Saddletank for the quick response, and for the link. And I really appreciate the insight in regards to an objective marker and its effect on the AI. That's good to know. :)
OHIO UNIVERSITY