Mexico 1836 Mod Redux

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Re: Mexico 1836 Mod Redux

Post by JohnVW »

davinci, what map are you referring to ?
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

davinci, what map are you referring to ?
The one that was in the pictures above, but I've been so busy doing other things that I haven't had the time to download the mod before now.

Disregard, anything that I've said!

Now, I'm going to be busy seeing which of these units that I can steal and add to My army.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

What map are the screens taken on? It has a 'hot' look that all other maps lack AFAIK.

Crikey/Pom, if I may I shall borrow a few of those sprites for the 1808-1814 Peninsular in the KS Nap mod update that's coming out soon.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

so, there is (yet) no map with the MOD, but one may be coming? when playing, what map do you guys usually select to play on (for this MOD)?
Pom
Reactions:

Post by Pom »

Hi,JohnVW,I use the Valverde map,I've seen too many spaghetti westerns not to use a this map with Mexicans,

The attachment SOWGB2015-01-2813-16-37-00.jpg is no longer available

but I like to use any of the maps.

Saddletank/Davinci,feel free to use what you like,and Crikey's screens above are using a map he is working on for the Crimea mod,and if you think that looks hot,the one he's doing for Alesillo's Sudan mod will have you reaching for ice water.

Pom.
Attachments
SOWGB2015-01-2813-16-37-00.jpg
SOWGB2015-01-2813-16-37-00.jpg (777.72 KiB) Viewed 195 times
Last edited by Pom on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

thanks...just checked all my maps, and I don't have Valverde. and when I searched for it I see many posts saying it is/was incompatible with Gettysburg maps? has that been fixed, and is it still avail somewhere? thanks...
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Crikey's screens above are using a map he is working on for the Crimea mod,and if you think that looks hot,the one he's doing for Alesillo's Sudan mod will have you reaching for ice water.

Pom.
Thanks. The middle two shots look exactly like the plains of Leon-Castille in the summer - around places like Salamanca, so just perfect for a Penisular war battle. I'll await this map eagerly.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

JVW said
I see many posts saying it is/was incompatible with Gettysburg maps? has that been fixed, and is it still avail somewhere?
I'll try to help seeing as it's was my first stab at a release.

Firstly, yes the map works fine. I just downloaded it from the Released Mods thread and reinstalled it. See proof in screen shot. :)

I'm not aware of the problems you mention but - in truth - I may have missed them. If you're referring to the release thread I think the 'many comments' are over two years old and, where they refer directly to the map rather than a separate OOB (not incl in the install), they relate to a MP issue that was current at the time but which was addressed long ago.

Secondly, the map is standalone so it should have no effect on Gettysburg or any other maps. If it does just deselect the Valverde mod when you don't need it.

Thirdly, I did notice that the NSD installer assumes you have the game in a NorbsoftDev directory. If you have a Matrix Games folder like me you have to tell it where to install.

Example - C:\Matrix Games\Scourge of War - Gettysburg

Finally, Valverde is a comparatively small map (as many pointed out at the time. Size matters apparently. :blush:) so it may be a bit cramped for big SR1battles.

Hope that helps.

Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Saddletank[/i]/Davinci,feel free to use what you like,and Crikey's screens above are using a map he is working on for the Crimea mod,and if you think that looks hot,the one he's doing for Alesillo's Sudan mod will have you reaching for ice water.

Pom.
Thanks, Pom

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Many thanks again for the mod & sprites guys. Now for a cheeky request......

The Texas volunteer cavalry will make excellent Confederate cavalry. You could certainly see them serving under Forrest, or in the Trans Mississippi. Is there any chance we could have a dismounted sprite at some point please?

Hopefully

Martin