some beginner help please

Agathosdaimon
Reactions:

some beginner help please

Post by Agathosdaimon »

Hi i guess this is a general question but i am playing or trying to play with the nap mod in the sandbox as there arent any scenarios for it yet - am i correct? or are there some about?

how do i simply move the whole army - can this be done without having the general staff all just moving at the front of the pack as though they want to be the first ones attacked?

also the command map is always absent of any information on it such as locations of any units, so it seems useless and confusing to me - how do i besyt use it?

what is the best way to actual command one's forces and also does the Nap 1809 austria oob lack any cavalry? i played it, or attempted too but there is no cavalry at all so i cant scout , i just moved everything west until i saw something

does the AI in the sandbox mode do anything as an opponent? or does it just sit at the objective?

thanks!
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: some beginner help please

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

First, welcome to the forum. Assuming you are using the KS Napoleon mod, I'll try to answer your questions.
Hi i guess this is a general question but i am playing or trying to play with the nap mod in the sandbox as there arent any scenarios for it yet - am i correct? or are there some about?
No there aren't any scenarios. But with Leffe's Scenaio Generator you can create your own.
how do i simply move the whole army - can this be done without having the general staff all just moving at the front of the pack as though they want to be the first ones attacked?
There is no easy way to move the entire army. You'll need to move them one division at a time.
also the command map is always absent of any information on it such as locations of any units, so it seems useless and confusing to me - how do i besyt use it?
If you play on normal level, you will see the units on the map.
what is the best way to actual command one's forces and also does the Nap 1809 austria oob lack any cavalry? i played it, or attempted too but there is no cavalry at all so i cant scout , i just moved everything west until i saw something
There is cavalry for both sides in all the OOBs. Scroll through the OOB and you will see Cavalry Brigade listed.
does the AI in the sandbox mode do anything as an opponent? or does it just sit at the objective?
Try the Hunt Them Down type of game. The AI will send out units in random directions.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Agathosdaimon
Reactions:

Post by Agathosdaimon »

great, thanks for this advice

I am unaware of the scenario generator - yes i am using the road to wagram mod and then that other one mentioned here - sorry i forget its name off the top of my head
Agathosdaimon
Reactions:

Post by Agathosdaimon »

just a query - where do i find the random scenario generator for the nap mod?
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

The last version posted on this forum is in the 1st post of this thread:

There is a newer version on the KS forum, (last post): You will need the KS Supplemental Maps mod to use it.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Try here, (1st post): NorbSoft Post

There is a newer version on the KS forum, (last post): KS Forum
You will need the KS Supplemental Maps mod to use it.
Last edited by Marching Thru Georgia on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agathosdaimon
Reactions:

Post by Agathosdaimon »

great, thanks, so i only need to use the KS version if that is the mod i am using?