Just watched the Twitch Stream

A section for Waterloo videos, screenshots and fan art. Post any of your creations here!
Squid_UK
Reactions:

Post by Squid_UK »

And it looks amazing, some serious engine improvements here and it looks sublime. Best thing is the 12th of June is my Birthday!

Been waiting years for a decent Napoleonics game and this looks like its going to be excellent.

Thanks guys!
lecrop
Reactions:

Post by lecrop »

Yep, amazing wargame, eager here!
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Glad you liked it :)
Trappeur
Reactions:

Post by Trappeur »

:woohoo: I think that twitch stream on Waterloo was really interesting. I'm so pleased with the historical detail you guys have put in this game. This is clearly the best Napoleonic wargame yet produced. The game looks great, I love the soldier graphics and animations, also the great looking maps. I think they are the most detailed maps of the historical battlefield I have ever seen. For me all this will greatly add to the immersion. The command and control features are what really set this game head and shoulders over others. I can't wait to command such vast armies with such great gameplay. I can see this will be my wargame of the year. What a great surprise. Thanks for making such a great game!
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Post by Gunfreak »

Is it uploaded to youtube yet?
ferragus
Reactions:

Post by ferragus »

Just watched it and here are my impressions:

Positives:
- UI improvements seem nice. More clean and easier to distinguish.
- Nice improvement on some animations like changing formation from column into line
- Facing direction new graphic arrow seems a good adition.
- Overall graphics are crisp, realistic and very prety!

Negtives:
- Units responding strangely to simple direction orders, particularly on the last scenario played. It must have to do with beeing inside a largely builded area. (pathfinding issues?)
- AI brigades clumping together instead of forming battle lines and extending its flanks (again more noticeable on the sandbox scenario)
- Units manouvering in strange formations ("S" shaped lines and even prefectly round ones)

A personal sugestion:
- Some improvements on the visual aspects of the gameplay to help better grasp the action (something to help understand moral, choesion and efectivness of units on firefights without having to click on each one of them) I think this would help players focus more on the tactical part of the battles paicularly on bigger scenarios.

Question to developers:
- Is it possible o order a unit to move to one location in manouver column and change to line only once arriving without beeing in close proximity with enemy units?
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

The negatives can all be related to the 'line of sight' corps battle in Grand Ville that was selected. It is our big city map for battles taking place near brussels. SOW is not a Stalingrad-like urban warfare simulator. Troops need space to deploy - the rest of that map has loads of it, use it!

All movement is carried out in column and the troops only switch to line near the enemy. The exception is attack column - they will not leave that when manouvering.

Glad you liked it.
Last edited by con20or on Thu May 07, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferragus
Reactions:

Post by ferragus »

Thanks for your answers! You can count on with one more costumer!
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

You're very welcome - you won't be disappointed.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Post by Gunfreak »

I tried to watch the replay on switch, I got 25 minutes of comercals for other Matrix games, and it said portions of this was muted for copy right reasons, when I finnaly got to the Waterloo part, it was still muted.