Mini campaign system?

Questions on the new sandbox campaign for Waterloo can go here.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by Gunfreak »

I think I saw something about there beeing a sort of quasi campaign in sandbox?

Can someone explane it in detail.
con20or
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by con20or »

It's quite cool - probably my favourite new feature. Basically you have a large map of (alot of) Belgium and lots of French and Allied forces to manouver depending on what side you pick.

Different campaign goals - some want you to find and destroy the enemy, some want you to capture their base and supply depot, a few others. Casualties and other stats carry over from battle to battle. You can rest in towns and there is even a basic RPG element whereby you can upgrade troops who have done well in a previous battle. Say you have a green regiment who fights well in one battle - you can upgrade one of their stats for the next battle if you leave them sitting there long enough training. But the enemy may interrupt you...it is all real-time but you can speed things up and slow them down - you can have multiple battles ongoing and switch between them as you like. If you build up enough time troops can be moved while campaign battles are going on and you can cut off a line of retreat for an enemy army.

Fog of War is present - so you won't always know where the enemy is but will have to scout for them, leave forces at crossroads - basically it is everything that sandbox was missing - a way of stringing battles together and making sure you don't waste your resources and troops. It is a blast. :evil:
Last edited by con20or on Fri May 08, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by Gunfreak »

That does sound absolutely awesemone, you have not made enough effort to get this info out, when doing press stuff leading up to june 11th, thus should be one of the main things to highlight and show!!
con20or
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by con20or »

Our effort went into making the game :) Matrix did a short demo in the twitch feed the other night and I am sure there will be more updates soon:)
Last edited by con20or on Fri May 08, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by Saddletank »

Is the campaign single player only or could 2 players play it online?

If its single player only is there a way to fight the battles it generates as MP games, then plug the game results (dump file) back into the campaign?

I can see such a feature being extremely cool, all those budding online Wellingtons and Napoleons would love to get into that.
Last edited by Saddletank on Fri May 08, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
con20or
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by con20or »

Providing continuity for single player sandbox battles was always a popular request on the forums and this our solution. If the sandbox campaign is a big hit it's always possible we could ask Norb to look at exporting/importing OOBs before battles further down the line for MP - but we have to see how this feature goes down first :)
Last edited by con20or on Fri May 08, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by Gunfreak »

Is is possible to get some pics of the Campgain map?
con20or
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by con20or »

Did you see the Matrix twitch feed - they showed some live footage?
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by Gunfreak »

I only saw from senario and sand box battle, nothing from the campaing?
con20or
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by con20or »

They started with some campaign footage - let me check if it was cut.