Mini campaign system?

Questions on the new sandbox campaign for Waterloo can go here.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by Gunfreak »

Ah I see it, it was from the muted part, that I skipped.
con20or
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by con20or »

As far as i understand there is supposed to be an unmuted version posted soon - ill check now.
Trappeur
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by Trappeur »

I think the campaign game will be one my favorite features. It really should be emphasized as it gives the Waterloo campaign so much replayability. I saw the map and some game play on the twitch stream and it is very well done. B)
Pansarskott
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by Pansarskott »

This sounds fantastic! :) I saw some of the video fotage and have some questions if anyone can answer them.

Are armies bound by roads or can they cross coutry?

Can you deploy your army before the battle if there's time?

Can you raise/equipe/name new units?

How does the supply system work?

Is there a fixed order of battle, or can you make your own corps/divisions?

Thanks for any aswers! :)
Jim
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by Jim »

- All units must stay on roads on the campaign map.
- When you accept battle, your units are on one of the usual battle maps set up as a normal sandbox battle. Sometimes the enemy is in sight and sometimes not.
- No new units, the time frame of a few weeks at best is too short for this to have occurred.
- Supply is minimal for this first generation of the campaign game.
- You pick your OOB at the beginning of the campaign. However you are free to mod your own sandbox type OOB. Units of any size in your OOB may be detached and sent where you choose, however they may not be attached to a different commander.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Pansarskott
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by Pansarskott »

Ok! Thanks for the answers. :)

Are there any plans to add features in expansions or future realeses?

Keep up the awsome work!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by Saddletank »

Lets get the basic game first and play it, then give feedback!

I'm really excited by this campaign system; seeing this concept translated back to a new ACW version of SoW with, say, a valley campaign would be amazing. I think if the battles generated could be played MP and the MP game result plugged back into the SP campaign that would really explode the popularity of SoW.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jim
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by Jim »

There are a lot of plans for the campaign game. What we have now is as much of the basic system in place as the hard deadline of the 200th Anniversary would allow. The test team already has a long list of additional features they want added and we will probably get more from players once this is released. As Winston Churchill once said:

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Pansarskott
Reactions:

Mini campaign system?

Post by Pansarskott »

There are a lot of plans for the campaign game. What we have now is as much of the basic system in place as the hard deadline of the 200th Anniversary would allow. The test team already has a long list of additional features they want added and we will probably get more from players once this is released. As Winston Churchill once said:

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

-Jim
That sounds great! Thanks for the answers.

Peter
jebstuart
Reactions:

Re: Mini campaign system?

Post by jebstuart »

campaign map added? best news ever, hope they add mp to it though for next game.
"How do you like this are coming back into the union"
confederate solider to Pennsylvanian citizen days before Gettysburg 

"Angels went to receive his body from his grave but he was not there, they left very disappointed but upon return to heaven, found he had outflanked them and was already there". Northern newspaper about the death of Stonewall Jackson

"No way Sherman will go to hell, he would outflank the devil and get past havens guard"
southern solider about northern general sherman