Future Demo

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
estabu2
Reactions:

Future Demo

Post by estabu2 »

I assume there is going to be a demo come out at some point and if there is, what about a multiplayer demo. I play a couple nights a week with around 5 guys that like to play with other people and I don't think they would get the game unless they could play some MP first.

Just a thought

Keep up the good work
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
norb
Reactions:

Re:Future Demo

Post by norb »

I currently plan to have mp in the demo, really would be a waste if it didn't. So you and your friends will have a chance to try it out online :)
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

:woohoo: I love NSD!!
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Great news Norb !!!

Can't wait for the demo !!!

:) :)

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Chonaman
Reactions:

Post by Chonaman »

I would love to see MP in the demo. I'd also love to see replays in the full game... :woohoo:
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

I always thought the replay feature in Sid's Gettysburg game was a good idea to give you an overview of how things went during the battle.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Chonaman
Reactions:

Post by Chonaman »

Amish John wrote:
I always thought the replay feature in Sid's Gettysburg game was a good idea to give you an overview of how things went during the battle.
Yes, even such a simple overview was fun to watch. Maybe something could be cooked up to show the recorded battle from the strategic map view?
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I would like to see a replay feature as well, and one will be added to the engine. The question is when?

Right now we are trying to get the absolutely necessary features in the game, then I have to work on performance. It's all a balancing act that never ends.
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

I guess the good thing is that you have all the time you need Norb!!:)
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

There has to be some limit. There has to be a time when we just say it's done. If it goes on too long, it will get out of hand. More features can be added in expansions or patches. The hardest thing is getting the word out. I am considering releasing a beta demo just to test the MP at some point. We'll just have to play it by ear.