Functions of Scenario Editor

A new scenario/battle editor is in development and should be following hot on the heels of Waterloo - any questions can go here.
yankee1950
Reactions:

Re: Functions of Scenario Editor

Post by yankee1950 »

Any idea on when the scenario editor will be released?

Thanks

Yankee
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Fairly soon, we are testing the installer now.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Thanks Jim, Packfront, Team

Can you please clarify if battlescripts are 'fully operational' in MP User Scenario's using this tool?

I couldn't find any references to this in the SDK
pakfront
Reactions:

Post by pakfront »

No more or less than they are with hand-edited scenarios. As you know, a lot of the battlescript functionality is limited in MP due to sync issues. I don't have a list of what works in MP vs SP, I hope one if the other team members can provide that.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Battlescripts are not and never have been operational in MP scenarios. They work as well as ever in SP scenarios.

You can use the SE to set up custom unit mixes, position troops, set objectives etc for MP scenarios.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Did the team consider including scripting in MP scenarios or was there no attempt because you knew it wouldn't work?

Its a great pity that MP play lacks the scripting benefits - so many more complex and interesting scenarios could be built using them.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

As I recall, mixing scripting and human players did not work and caused the game to desynchronize. However, it was never tested with just one side being scripted, (co-op). It's unfortunate this was never pursued as it would have likely made MP much more interesting and likely more popular.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Any estimate of a general nature when we might expect the scenario editor? Thanks.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Any estimate of a general nature when we might expect the scenario editor? Thanks.
It is out, so get editing :)

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/waterl ... -sdk#70420
Last edited by con20or on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yankee1950
Reactions:

Post by yankee1950 »

Are you referring to the scenario editor - or the SDK? I see no info on the release of the scenario editor. :)