Functions of Scenario Editor

A new scenario/battle editor is in development and should be following hot on the heels of Waterloo - any questions can go here.
yankee1950
Reactions:

Functions of Scenario Editor

Post by yankee1950 »

Hi:

Can someone (in the know) briefly outline the features of the upcoming scenario editor? Can you create maps from scratch? OOBs? Rules of engagement? ETC.

Thanks

Yankee :)
Jim
Reactions:

Re: Functions of Scenario Editor

Post by Jim »

The scenario editor can be used to select troops from an existing OOB and locate them and orient them on an existing map. You can create a basic battlescript.csv file. The program is still in late development so exactly what it will and will not do is still in flux. It is really designed to make it easier to create User Scenarios. The scenario team did use some of its functions in laying out the Waterloo battle scenarios.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Post by Gunfreak »

Will there be a map editor this time? Seems like this is the only thing missing for modders.
Last edited by Gunfreak on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

There are already plenty of modded maps for GB, you just have to apply top join the map mod team.

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... r-own-maps
Anderson
Reactions:

Post by Anderson »

Hi,

I was just about to request such an editor. Along the lines of “ability to put existing maps and OOB together in scenarios..”
More heavy duty editing can come down the line..

Great news..
All the best,
Kip.
ferragus
Reactions:

Post by ferragus »

Will we be able to use separate brigades from diferent division commanders? Like one brigade from one division and another from a diferent division.

What I would like to know is if we can build all arms balanced scenarios with, for instance, an infantry division supported by a couple of batteries and a cavalry brigade.
I think this is practicaly impossible on the sandbox mode, which makes for either corps level scenarios or only infantry and artilery division scenarios due to the limitations of the historical OOB's.

If this can be possible, are going to mess with the OOB itself, or will we be in command of various division commanders with only a fraction of their actual command?

thanks in advance!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

There is the Scenario Generator by Leffe7. This allows you to create any ad-hoc division organisation you want, and assemble such divisions into any corps-sized formation you want. You just need to be aware that in sandbox mode only 1 enemy (AI) corps will be activated, so don't build multi-corps armies.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Will we be able to use separate brigades from diferent division commanders? Like one brigade from one division and another from a diferent division.
Yes
What I would like to know is if we can build all arms balanced scenarios with, for instance, an infantry division supported by a couple of batteries and a cavalry brigade.
I think this is practicaly impossible on the sandbox mode, which makes for either corps level scenarios or only infantry and artilery division scenarios due to the limitations of the historical OOB's.
You can mix and match units as you see fit provided you RTFD about how specifically to use the Scenario Editor.
If this can be possible, are going to mess with the OOB itself, or will we be in command of various division commanders with only a fraction of their actual command?

thanks in advance!
Creating/editing an OOB is not implemented in the release version of the SE but is being worked on and will be released in some form in the near future.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Here is a screen shot of the Scenario Editor in action just to build a little anticipation.

-Jim
The attachment SEscreenie.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
SEscreenie.jpg
SEscreenie.jpg (188.38 KiB) Viewed 897 times
Last edited by Jim on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

That looks really good. Thanks guys.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.