windows 10

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
dan1862
Reactions:

windows 10

Post by dan1862 »

do you think scourge of war gettysburg would run on windows 10
Jim
Reactions:

Re: windows 10

Post by Jim »

As a guess it likely will. GB runs in 8.1 in Windows 7 compatibility mode, I would expect the same in Win 10 but we won't know until it is released.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
charlesobscure
Reactions:

Post by charlesobscure »

Has anyone confirmed that SOW does work on Windows 10?
30th PVI
Reactions:

Post by 30th PVI »

I am playing it right now on windows 10. I set it up to open in compatibility mode for windows 7 and have had no issues.

Matt
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Playing it now solitaire with Windows 10. No problems, but waiting to see if MP is ok as well.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
richfed
Reactions:

Post by richfed »

I have had the game since it was created. Added Antietam, Chancellorsville, and Brandy Station ... plus Lynchburg. Never had an activation issue. Now, after upgrading to Windows 10 [everything still worked], I decided to do a clean install of 10. Well, reinstalling all my programs without a hitch ... until I got to SOW. got through patch 1.61 and tried to install Brandy Station. Received an error message that it was an invalid key. It isn't. All other keys took. So, I went to open the game [btw, now Game Menu icon was created, just a direct to the game]. I have compatibility set to XP SP3, as I always did. Game opens, I clicked on Single Player, and all I see is this:
The attachment SOW1.61.jpg is no longer available
Seems like demo mode, or something. I have reinstalled the game and DLCs numerous times through the years. Never had this issue.
Attachments
SOW1.61.jpg
SOW1.61.jpg (267.12 KiB) Viewed 238 times
Morsey
Reactions:

Post by Morsey »

Installed WIN 10 a week ago and have been able to play multiplayer. Had couple of problems with it crashing in the first 5 minutes but then I updated my video driver and all was well.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

richfed

If I recall correctly, this 'demo issue' is caused when you install the final patch only. You must download and install the original GB first, then apply the final patch.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
richfed
Reactions:

Post by richfed »

It required some Matrix files, or something. I contacted them and their response was incredibly fast & effective. All fixed now. Thanks!
roy64
Reactions:

Post by roy64 »

My Anniversary Edition has gone back to demo mode, does anyone know how to fix this?
Leicestershire