Bug in alt-tabbing

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
7thGalaxy
Reactions:

Bug in alt-tabbing

Post by 7thGalaxy »

Great looking game - I'm having trouble, however, alt tabbing in and out - it really doesn't like it.

Might be because the resolution I run at (1600x900) dosn't seem to be in the game, so it's having to switch resolution.

Anyway, what happens is the game never loads up again. I can hear it running, but the screen switchs between totally black, and a black square.

I'm also running duel monitors, so that could cause an issue.

Glad to be playing though!

Tom
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Bug in alt-tabbing

Post by con20or »

turn 'full screen' off in the options and see if that helps.
Last edited by con20or on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
7thGalaxy
Reactions:

Post by 7thGalaxy »

Hi

That does solve the problem, but now it leaves a large strip around the sides - I can't select the resolution of my monitor. Can it be added?

Thanks
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

I am not sure, I will have to check. I am not sure what the procedure is for dual monitors. What is your resolution?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

To add to this, we've found that full screen is more stable in MP games. Windowed users tend to give crashes, so being able to play MP in full screen is a must.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

1680 x 1050 should be supported according to my files. Might give that a trial. The game engine is *supposed* to list resolutions that are available according to the video card. However there are way too many video cards to actually test this beyond what the dev team owns anyway.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We use a directX call to list all of the resolutions. I'm not sure why yours would not be showing up. I believe that there is command line options to force it, can't remember them now. I wonder if somehow it's only getting the modes off of one monitor or the other. But it is a call and callback to directx that gets the video modes. We wanted to start at full res, so setting it to 100 will default to the highest res it finds. Again though, if it's the wrong monitor and there are two and they have different res's, then I'm not sure how well that would work. We default to windowed mode and highest res. You can change that in game, or in the ini file if somehow there's any issues.