Re: Screenshot Thread

A section for Waterloo videos, screenshots and fan art. Post any of your creations here!
tim
Reactions:

Post by tim »

I really like the effect - I almost wish you could get the same effect in game but I suspect it would mess with my (already bad) eyesight!
gazfun202
Reactions:

Post by gazfun202 »

I cant get my screensaver program to take any shots I have Screenhunter 5.1
Have fun above all else
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Just press f4 and they are auto-saved in a folder called screenshots, in your documents/sowwl folder.
montecristo1981
Reactions:

Post by montecristo1981 »

Two more
Newpc3.jpg
Newpc3-tiltshift.jpg
How you get so many cav?
Deeter
Reactions:

Post by Deeter »

Ditto.

Also, how did you get your cav to the French gun line. It's like herding cats to get any cav past the sunken road. I've tried several times...

Deeter
tim
Reactions:

Post by tim »

I set the sprite ratio on options to 1. Its best to play the game with default ratio of 6 but for some screenshots and so games I bump it up.

As for getting the cavalry down to the gun line - I TC them and set them on all out attack. It can be hard to control them (as happened in the real battle) but its possible. the rest of the team will tell you I'm not an expert player either so if I can do it then its not too hard :)
Deeter
Reactions:

Post by Deeter »

Do you TC all the way down to squadron level? That's the only thing I haven't tried.

Deeter
tim
Reactions:

Post by tim »

no - just the commander. It does take a bit of managing but I've done it a few times. I think the new patch will help that's should be out soon.
Deeter
Reactions:

Post by Deeter »

I've TC'd the commanders and set them to all out attack and their squadrons don't follow. THey mill around the sunken road randomly facing in all directions. Meanwhile the commanders ride on alone to their destinations where they become cut off so their couriers can't get new orders to their troops. It's really a mess.

Deeter
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

TC'ing the commander negates his stance.

TC the commander and give a move order and a formation order. When you get them in place, un-TC the commander and give him the all-out-attack stance.