Occupying Buildings

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
glenspc
Reactions:

Occupying Buildings

Post by glenspc »

Loving this game so far but I have one problem with getting my troops to occupy Le Haye Saint. They seem to run through but won't stop on the objective star. Any tips for occupying buildings?

Thanks
Major Damage
Reactions:

Re: Occupying Buildings

Post by Major Damage »

Same problem, impossible to garrison Le Haye Saint when French. Even when objective is empty and you have units under TC and under the troops limit. But the English had no problems walzing right in through the walls again!

I had to quit d'Erlons attack in disgust... :angry:
Last edited by Major Damage on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pawsy_bear
Reactions:

Post by Pawsy_bear »

Had same problem - its been reported and firmly in the fix next list

stopped playing the capture scenarios until its fixed
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

We still need someone to send us in a save for this as we are having problems recreating - if you are experiencing the problem please zip it and please send it to

sowsupport at scourgeofwar dot com

thanks!
Last edited by con20or on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xreos1
Reactions:

Post by Xreos1 »

I've started the Army Level French scenario a few times ( call it deep immersion therapy, for the fly out GUI ).

I have captured all the contested buildings with no problem. That amounts to 12 attempts all successful.
glenspc
Reactions:

Post by glenspc »

Perhaps major or bear could do this as I'm a little challenged when it comes to this?
panzerde
Reactions:

Post by panzerde »

Just sent you guys a dropbox link to a zip of one of my saves where I'm having just this issue. In several attempts at this scenario I've yet to score any points or even been able to get my French troops to occupy the place.

I'm going to try again with the Grog toolbar disabled to see if that makes a difference.
panzerde
Reactions:

Post by panzerde »

Ok, no mods loaded and in Normal difficulty rather than Custom, and I was able to take and hold it. I'm going to load the toolbar again but stay in Normal and try again.
panzerde
Reactions:

Post by panzerde »

Grog toolbar on, French troops will not stay in LHS.
Pawsy_bear
Reactions:

Post by Pawsy_bear »

Its a randome problem I think caused by corspe blocking the objective. I ve not tried the sandbox campaign. I have captured quite a few objectives but sometimes, randomly cant get into the objective. Another problem has been that when I have go units into the objective with a commander etc and cleared the enemy away I still dont get the capture icon to change to my national flag indicating success and the points for a win
Last edited by Pawsy_bear on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.