Occupying Buildings

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Occupying Buildings

Post by con20or »

Pawsy - did you try it again with the grog toolbar mod turned off, as Panzerde mentioned?
Pawsy_bear
Reactions:

Post by Pawsy_bear »

will try that thanks
panzerde
Reactions:

Post by panzerde »

Sadly, I had a game last night where without the Grog toolbar enabled I was unable to occupy LHS. Today, I watched the same thing happen during the Matrix Twitch stream of the entire battle while they were playing the D'Erlon's attack scenario.

So, any correlation with the Grog toolbar mod being activated seems to be coincidental.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Yeah, the only bug with the Grog toolbar that I know of was caused by a late update of the primary text file which the Grog toolbar overwrote causing that line in the High Scores Menu to be 'Not Found' causing the error. I don't see how a missing text line could cause an 'occupy fort' issue. Anyway, the updated Grog toolbar is fixed with the download and patch, and I'll have an updated version ready soon. Regardless, that occupy bug is on our list. I tried to reproduce it but couldn't, went right in and occupied with no issues. Thought it was rare but after the exhibition today with it happening there it's getting spooky, the team can't produce it at all but it's popping up everywhere with you guys. Saves we must have guys...macht schnell, bitte.
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

We have two good saves now - so we will get on it ASAP. Thanks everyone for sending them in.
Mel
Reactions:

Post by Mel »

I am still having this problem. Has anything been done to resolve ir?
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

It is on our hitlist but we are currently working to get the SDK and scenario editor ready for public release.
CaptainBAMF
Reactions:

Post by CaptainBAMF »

Over a month later and this is still an issue. I can't believe the game was released with gaping issues such as this. And the nerve to ask almost $60 for it, unacceptable.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Hello Captain,

If we understand the problem correctly, this issue only affects a single fort in 1 of the 40 scenarios - this was an easy one to miss. It does not happen in sandbox or MP games.

After we released the beta-patch the requests from the community so far were predominantly for us to give them more modding tools - so we are working to get the SDK ready and released plus the new scenario editor.

We have not forgotten about it. I hope you are still enjoying the game a month later.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Over a month later and this is still an issue. I can't believe the game was released with gaping issues such as this. And the nerve to ask almost $60 for it, unacceptable.
One bug in one scenario isn't really an issue given how complex the game is. Like all PC games these days you WILL find bugs - every single developer releases buggy software - and that's not limited to the gaming subset, its in the nature of the industry itself and the medium in which programmers work.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.