Some questions on the sandbox campaign

Questions on the new sandbox campaign for Waterloo can go here.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Some questions on the sandbox campaign

Post by Gunfreak »

I had a major battle, we were fighting long and hard, then suddenly "major victroy"

Why? is there point limit in the champaign to?

We have 331 000 soldiers fighting I had napoleon just were I wanted him, I had 70k more troops them him, I only had to waint for him to die, Most of his forces were comited, I had plenty of reserves.

Then "major Victory" Talk about imersion breaker, we were fighting to the death not playing pong!

The campaign is destroy 50% of the forces of the enemy. why would I let him go when he was about to die?

Also I might be bad in math, but I lost 22K out of 220k thats aparnatly 87% of my forces, Napleon lost 20k out of 120k that is 88%...

Not sure how that happens I had 100K more troops them him, we lost about the same, yet we lost the same %?
Last edited by Gunfreak on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunship24
Reactions:

Re: Some questions on the sandbox campaign

Post by gunship24 »

There is a limit on the battle score. This is so battles in a campaign do not drag on to long otherwise the play time will be huge. Its all about making every battle count, the focus is on the campaign element and a series of battles, not a single set piece battle.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Post by Gunfreak »

There is a limit on the battle score. This is so battles in a campaign do not drag on to long otherwise the play time will be huge. Its all about making every battle count, the focus is on the campaign element and a series of battles, not a single set piece battle.
But thats what napoleon wanted, he always tried for that one decisive battle and victory. Its a shame, that Napoleons favorite strategi can't be done in the game.

And it feels very artificial that a battle ends in the middle...

And so far napoleon hasn't detached any units, so its going to be the same battle over and over again, i can't detach if i know Napoleon never will.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Interesting, In all my campaign games he has detached Corps and Divisions. What campaign type game are you playing?
Last edited by gunship24 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.