Expanded Toolbar - Grog

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog

Post by RebBugler »

Thanks for all your replies.
DarkRob's "Z" solution worked, and with it, I seem to have stopped having trouble with Le Cent Jours. I still can't "drag and drop." If I understand what you've told me, all I should do is start the game, go to Modifications,left click on the mod I want to move, left click, and drag up or down. Is that correct?
Did a search and found that 'drag and drop' can be disabled, learned something new. Here's the solution to re-enable it:

"When drag and drop doesn't work, left click a file in Windows Explorer or File Explorer, and keep the left click mouse button pressed. While the left click button is held down, press the Escape key on your keyboard, once. Release the left click mouse button. Try to drag and drop again. This feature should work now." Jul 24 2019
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
jlan5031
Reactions:

Post by jlan5031 »

RebBugler,
You've helped me several times during my long struggle to master the SOW games. I've tried your last suggestion. If I did it correctly, it didn't work. I've managed to get the toolbar to the bottom of the column using the "Z" method. I'll just leave it at that for awhile.
Thanks for your time and effort.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Update: Version 8.5 adjusts files to provide compatibility with the mod Les Cent Jours version 1.1 update.

- New sprites from this update now include the 'firing sprite' in 'advance and withdraw while firing' sequences. Also, as per Grog Toolbar engagement procedures, infantry sprite loading sequences are extended for 'busy loading' realism effects.
- The new formations added by this update are included in the drills and unitglobal files. They are not active in the unitglobal file (presently on inactive lines) but can be copied easily to the pertinent Prussian formation locations for use with the Grog Toolbar.
dicarlon
Reactions:

Post by dicarlon »

Reb: Thanks's for your great work. I've never had any problems before, but yesterday I downloaded 8.5 and played one of the Le Cent Jours scenarios (Bloody Morning). The Austrian line troops did not fire back (just like in DarkRob's "first look" play through). I replayed the scenario with 8.4 and it worked fine. Is anyone else experiencing problems with 8.5?
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Reb: Thanks's for your great work. I've never had any problems before, but yesterday I downloaded 8.5 and played one of the Le Cent Jours scenarios (Bloody Morning). The Austrian line troops did not fire back (just like in DarkRob's "first look" play through). I replayed the scenario with 8.4 and it worked fine. Is anyone else experiencing problems with 8.5?
I haven't had a chance to try out 8.5 yet, but just a quick troubleshooting question before Reb gets back to you, do you have the grog toolbar prioritized below the Les Cent Jours mod?
dicarlon
Reactions:

Post by dicarlon »

Yes, I had it prioritized correctly. Also, to add to my previous post, it was odd because the troops in the fort fired back but the line battalions did not. They just stood there and got shot to pieces like in your first look play through. I will give it another try later today and see what happens.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Yes, I had it prioritized correctly. Also, to add to my previous post, it was odd because the troops in the fort fired back but the line battalions did not. They just stood there and got shot to pieces like in your first look play through. I will give it another try later today and see what happens.
The first thing Id suggest trying is seeing if the problem with 8.5 is global throughout the LCJ mod or just with that new blooding morning scenario. Try 8.5 with The Hero's of Strasbourg and see if the Austrian line units will fire. It shouldn't take to long to test in that one since the Austrians start off basically right in your face.

I would test it myself, but Im still in the middle of doing the French Le Souffel scenario for youtube and I started it with 8.4, so I wont change it to 8.5 until I start the Austrian full battle.

Thanks for finding this though. If there is a problem Im sure Reb will be able to fix it quickly as his spidey senses tingle the moment anyone posts in this thread.
dicarlon
Reactions:

Post by dicarlon »

I'll give that a try. Thanks. Looking forward to your next video!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Confirmed, can't find the fix yet so will have to rebuild version 8.5. Glad you've got 8.4 to use in the meantime.

Thanks for the report!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Update 8.5 'Damage Control' done. New download posted.