Expanded Toolbar - Grog

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
dicarlon
Reactions:

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog

Post by dicarlon »

You're awesome. Thanks Reb.
massena
Reactions:

Post by massena »

Mr. Dufus again. Where is my mod folder?

I've read instructions for finding it but can't find it. Maybe I didn't create it.

Best,
John
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Mr. Dufus again. Where is my mod folder?

I've read instructions for finding it but can't find it. Maybe I didn't create it.

Best,
John
The 'Mods' folder is published with the game. Location answered HERE
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Hey Reb, so I have this idea and I wanted to run it by you. Would it be possible to add a column by division - hold form button to the grog toolbar?

I'm asking because sometimes I like to form assault columns up right in rear of line units in order to act as a counter attacking force, should the line unit get charged, the assault column can counter charge while the enemy unit is reforming.

The thing is, what often happens is I have to babysit the assault column because once the enemy unit comes within engage distance of it, it will of course form line. So I have to force them to stay in assault column.

This is just an automatic function, and a core mechanic of the game, so I wouldn't be surprised if it can't be bypassed simply with a column by division - hold form option.

But it can't hurt to ask right?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hey Reb, so I have this idea and I wanted to run it by you. Would it be possible to add a column by division - hold form button to the grog toolbar?

I'm asking because sometimes I like to form assault columns up right in rear of line units in order to act as a counter attacking force, should the line unit get charged, the assault column can counter charge while the enemy unit is reforming.

The thing is, what often happens is I have to babysit the assault column because once the enemy unit comes within engage distance of it, it will of course form line. So I have to force them to stay in assault column.

This is just an automatic function, and a core mechanic of the game, so I wouldn't be surprised if it can't be bypassed simply with a column by division - hold form option.

But it can't hurt to ask right?
Hey Rob

You're right to not be surprised for a hold form option would not solve your issue. Still, there is a possible solution, allowing a 'Can Fight' option for 'column by division' (CBD) formations.

To test if it works for you edit the Drills file in this mod. First make a copy of the Drills file. Then open Drills and for all Level 5 and 6 CBD formations place a 1 in Column J (Can Fight) . This will allow all CBD formations to fight and hold form.

If this works for you I have a solution in mind...A button only 'Can Fight' CBD formation on the brigade level. This way CBD formations won't default to 'Can Fight', they will occur only when opted by the player with that one formation button.

So, put on your modders hat and test this solution, meanwhile, I'm returning to my ACW escape. If it works for you I'll follow up with a button solution when I find time away from my main escape.
Last edited by RebBugler on Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
J28
Reactions:

Post by J28 »

Thanks for this amazing mod. Is there a way to get it to work with multiplayer? I get a csv error when I try.

Do most mods not work with multiplayer?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Thanks for this amazing mod. Is there a way to get it to work with multiplayer? I get a csv error when I try.

It should work fine as long as no other mods are activated. Please post your log file here after a crash if there's no mod conflicts that you're aware of.

Thanks for the report...
J28
Reactions:

Post by J28 »

It should work fine as long as no other mods are activated. Please post your log file here after a crash if there's no mod conflicts that you're aware of.

Thanks for the report...
Thanks for your help. I only have the grog toolbar version 8 activated (although I had the same issue when activating previous versions)

When I try and click host I get a unitglobal.csv error (see attached)
Attachments
1C6199E9-227F-4C2D-B38D-59598EA134C2.jpeg
1C6199E9-227F-4C2D-B38D-59598EA134C2.jpeg (300.24 KiB) Viewed 776 times
Biondo
Reactions:

Post by Biondo »

Hi J28, is a conflict generated by the unitglobal.csv file that you'll find into the QB DLC/Logistics folder.

Just rename that file and everything will run fine

Regards
J28
Reactions:

Post by J28 »

Amazing it works now thanks so much for your help