Apple Removes Civil War Games From App Store Over Confederate Flag Usage

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Bloody Bill
Reactions:

Re: Apple Removes Civil War Games From App Store Over Confederate Flag Usage

Post by Bloody Bill »

Sorry fellas for the Political comment. Just pissed at the stupidity level of my country. I as well will boycott all apple products. I do apologize for bringing the political crap to the forums.
HoldTheLine
Reactions:

Post by HoldTheLine »

If I may reiterate, my post from Norb's original:
Thank goodness we didn't spend a year to port over SOW to the Mac format...this would have been disastrous.
Only in that you would not be able to sell the game on Apple's "App Store" - no great loss in my opinion. You could still sell a Mac version via your own web store, matrix, slitherine, steam, whatever.

Apple have displayed similar behavior to this ban in the past, WW2 wargames have been rejected from the app store because they depict the germans - thereby promoting race hatred in some form of twisted logic.

So I wonder if Apple have removed any civil war history ebooks from their book store which have the confederate flag illustrated anywhere?

In Apple's politically correct alternate universe if we all cover our eyes, erase historic symbols from previous conflicts, plug our ears and shout "la la la" there will be no more wars. Then we can all sit down and sing Kumbaya warmed by the glow of our iDevices.
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

Sorry fellas for the Political comment. Just pissed at the stupidity level of my country. I as well will boycott all apple products. I do apologize for bringing the political crap to the forums.
No problem man, I'm on your side, don't apologize to anyone. This stuff is infuriating and insane. This country is headed to dark dark places.
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
FLGibsonJr
Reactions:

Post by FLGibsonJr »

It appears that this mob mentality is moving to other areas, now there is even discussion about taking down the Jefferson Memorial. I wouldn't doubt the Washington Monument or places named after Jefferson and Washington are next.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ar ... story.html
Last edited by FLGibsonJr on Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
privatewilley
Reactions:

Post by privatewilley »

This is beyond insane! One of the reason's I own an iphone/ ipad is to play Civil War games and now that is ruined. I don't blame NSD or any other dev's for not wanting to write sanitized games for Apple. Welcome to Amerika!
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

It appears that this mob mentality is moving to other areas, now there is even discussion about taking down the Jefferson Memorial. I wouldn't doubt the Washington Monument or places named after Jefferson and Washington are next.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ar ... story.html
IIRC the woman who created the American flag owned slaves. And the US flag has presided over all kinds of "politically incorrect" moments in history...better remove it! Also, better remove all Confederate monuments on battlefields!

They are already striking on college campuses: http://www.businessinsider.com/confeder ... tin-2015-6
Jubal Early
Reactions:

Post by Jubal Early »

What a lot of @ :evil: Political correctness gone crazy. I am proud of the link Northern Ireland/Ulster has to the Confederacy its leaders and troops ,one of the reasons my Tag is Jubal Early is because his roots were in Ulster also Stonewall Jackson and Jeb Stuart among others.

http://www.ulster-scots.com/uploads/Con ... nerals.pdf

I actually have a Confederate flag perhaps I will be raided by the police :S The South was invaded by the North people seem to forget that, flying the flag does not mean you are a member of the KKK. Don't give in to the tide of Liberalism that's sweeping the western world fly the flag with pride.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Might one of the admins please move this thread to the off-topic area? Its an important debate and its good that different views are made known but it doesn't belong in this section of the forum.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

What a lot of @ :evil: Political correctness gone crazy. I am proud of the link Northern Ireland/Ulster has to the Confederacy its leaders and troops ,one of the reasons my Tag is Jubal Early is because his roots were in Ulster also Stonewall Jackson and Jeb Stuart among others.

http://www.ulster-scots.com/uploads/Con ... nerals.pdf

I actually have a Confederate flag perhaps I will be raided by the police :S The South was invaded by the North people seem to forget that, flying the flag does not mean you are a member of the KKK. Don't give in to the tide of Liberalism that's sweeping the western world fly the flag with pride.
Hear hear!
chijohnaok
Reactions:

Post by chijohnaok »

Might one of the admins please move this thread to the off-topic area? Its an important debate and its good that different views are made known but it doesn't belong in this section of the forum.
As the creator of this thread, I have no objections to it being moved to the "off topic" area.
(Not that my approval is required or anything....Just saying that it's fine by me)