OOB and depend files

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
Xreos1
Reactions:

OOB and depend files

Post by Xreos1 »

Before attempting to create a historical OOB, I am fooling around with a smaller "Fantasy" OOB.

In making the French support 2 armies, I kept Napoleon as 'Side' commander, a cloned Napoleon became the Army 1 commander. When I changed the name in was enclosed in brackets { Name } and although I changed nothing else, the secondary texts 'Armee du Nord' etc. disappeared. The KS mod does not have this behavior.

This effect is coming from the dependent cvs files.

What files do I need to modify to make a better looking OOB. (unitglobal etc., I have opened several files but am having difficulty understanding cause and effect. )

I've seen reference to GUI.cvs but I cannot find this file.

Also is there a list of all variables in the scenario.ini?

I've got the debug variables for the game ini.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: OOB and depend files

Post by RebBugler »

Yeah, to accommodate multiple languages, including additional OOB names is a BIG PAIN now, but doable to fix the issues you're experiencing. To see how I handled it download and check out the following mod:

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/waterl ... -cooke-sr1

I'll request a mod friendly 'OOBNames.xml' file through the team so maybe help will be on the way. I still can't figure out Ammo Wagon naming regarding the OOB hierarchy, tried all different kinds of combinations...has something to do with how the Division CO is named, but I'm still clueless on how to get it to match up with or fix the Ammo Wagon names hierarchy.

If you haven't, download and use Notepad++ to edit the xml and layout files. At least that is the path Jim steered us, and it is definitely the best text editing app I've found.
Also is there a list of all variables in the scenario.ini?
WIP, coming soon with the remainder of the SDK.
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jim
Reactions:

Re: OOB and depend files

Post by Jim »

If you have the Gettysburg SDK document nearly all of what is in there regarding scenario building will apply to Waterloo.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863