Cavalry Charges Against Artillery

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
the reb
Reactions:

Cavalry Charges Against Artillery

Post by the reb »

Why does my very healthy Cavalry fail to take artillery even when the artillery is overran and then overran again.....again....
the reb
Reactions:

Re: Cavalry Charges

Post by the reb »

What are the instructions and/or considerations for a cavalry charge? I've read bits and pieces but this part of my game just ain't working....For example.....an Elite unit, High and Fresh, no losses...charges
an infantry unit on open ground....They either charge to within a 1/2" map distance, stop and retreat or dismount. just need more help than what I got 8 months ago.....

the reb....
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Cavalry Charges

Post by Saddletank »

There are 2 types of cavalry in Gettysburg, type 1 and type 2 - one of them... I think its type 2 does not charge at all. This may be why you are seeing this, plus the artillery issue of 8 months ago.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
the reb
Reactions:

Re: Cavalry Charges Against Artillery

Post by the reb »

Thanks Saddletank,
How can you tell what's what? Is it changeable? Sorta stupid I think?

the reb
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Was there perhaps a change from 1.60 to 1.61 patch that may have affected how the reb cavalry is acting, this is when I have really noticed the difference. Those horse soldiers do nothing, they charge, then stop, quickly retreat...they run through the enemy without inflicting losses....it's weird, you send them to raid enemy forces and they go to a remote part of the map and rest....I've never seen it to this point?

the reb,
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Have you tried using the B&F resources with cavalry? Bottom left of the toolbar use Attackmarch and Attack Column to approach the battery. Once upon the battery hit Charge, numerous times to wipe them out if you wish. :evil:
Last edited by RebBugler on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Yes, I do use B&F. It's really hit and miss, a lot more miss than hit....It appears that the Enemy A&I is much better, that is, the Yanks...sorta thought the cards were stacked in their favor, but that's not the case. I guess I need to practice more....Funny, Jones and Jenkins are somewhat good, but Hampton and Lee....forget it.....

Still fun....
reb