So how do you control mutiple CORPs?

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
etf7506
Reactions:

So how do you control mutiple CORPs?

Post by etf7506 »

So I have TC'ed my corp commanders and have moved them.....but their divisions never move with them. Do I have to send a courier then to get his respective Corps to move?

Thanks
Last edited by etf7506 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
etf7506
Reactions:

Re: So how do you control mutiple CORPs?

Post by etf7506 »

I have no problem moving divisions in a Corp just TC my Division commanders and bind them to key choices. Just not sure for multiple corps. What is you easiest way to get them to move?
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

In SOWGB even the highest formation commanders had a 'line' formation on the bar. I always found this useful to get an army or a Corps 'on the move' in the right direction. Then you could drop down the formations and fine tune.

SOWWL does not have this facility. By the time you move any army, Division by Division, the first Division has nearly arrived before the last has begun to move. No a good way to concentrate your force for an overwhelming attack.

Corps and Army commanders have sadly become largely redundant in the grand scheme of things. You might just as well have all the Divisions report to Napoleon or Wellington direct.

If Napoleon had faced this problem at Waterloo, he would have ridden from the field in Frustration and gone to grow tomatoes.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot.
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

If Napoleon had faced this problem at Waterloo, he would have ridden from the field in Frustration and gone to grow tomatoes.
+1

SOWWL has made some excellent steps forward, and it is the better game because of those advances, but has also made some inexplicable steps backwards and these peculiar frustrations take the shine off it.

I'll only mention MyGUI again here as the culprit. I know NSD are fully aware I think it's implementation was the wrong decision but I am going to keep highlighting it as the single most frustrating peculiarity in the game's development. The only reasons we've been given for it are that two people disliked the GB interface and a need for something slicker and up-to-date was thought necessary.

If more customers also raise their voices against MyGUI maybe we'll see a change.
Last edited by Saddletank on Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Holdit
Reactions:

Post by Holdit »

I'll add my voice to anything that means this game will give me as much fun as I get from miniatures rules like Age of Eagles or Napoleon's Battles. At the moment, it doesn't. I'm back to rolling dice while I kep an eye out for new mods and the release of the SDK. It's less frustrating.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

well,i was about to buy the game but given the problems this seems to be causing i may well hold off to see if it gets fixed. cheers