Are people now making their own scenarios? ...

A new scenario/battle editor is in development and should be following hot on the heels of Waterloo - any questions can go here.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Are people now making their own scenarios? ...

Post by Saddletank »

Update the maps version as well. The mods are separate downloads but are intended to be used together. Have you got the Sprites Mod v1.02 as well?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
pancerni
Reactions:

Post by pancerni »

Yep, got the Sprites v1.02...reloaded 117 and added the maps 1.11 folder and the program still does not recognize the mod...it loads as the original game. I reload 116 and maps 1.10 and it works as the mod...I guess I'll just need to stick with 116 until you figure out how to get it to work.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

The mod does work. We are using it in MP games all the time. We wouldn't have released it if it didn't work.

Make sure that if you've edited any folder names you haven't put a "." (period) in the name. The game doesn't recognise mod folders that use that character.

Can you please post your SOWWL.log file here after one of the failed loads. You can find it in My Documents/SOWWL.

Alternatively we find its easy to help people in our TS channel; talking through a situation in real time usually gets people up and running quickly. The link and password is on the KS forum in this thread:

http://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t1451 ... tyle#14783

Just drop a post here on or the KS forum telling us when you can be online.
Last edited by Saddletank on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
miko77
Reactions:

Post by miko77 »

The mod definitely works - as Saddletank says, just join people pre-battle on TS and you'd be guided through.
I think pancerni, that in your case it's simply folder within folder - what Gran Capitan tried to say - I suppose...

just check how your folder structure looks like
if it's like this:
<MOD'S NAME>
--> <MOD's NAME>
-->(mod's subfolders) - not just one... several (can't remember which exactly)

then it's not going to work... it should be:

<MOD's NAME>
-->(mod's subfolders)
Gran Capitán
Reactions:

Post by Gran Capitán »

Yes Miko that's what I was trying to explain. Now I know it was not very clear.
pancerni
Reactions:

Post by pancerni »

OK, now it makes sense...I found the folder within the folder for 117 and moved it, along with maps 1.11 in to the mods folder and it does work. I generated a sandbox game and noted that there seems to be less map choices with 1.11 than with 1.10. Is that correct?
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

There are just as many in 1.11 as 1.10. Counting the GB maps and variations on the same map, (foggy, wooded, etc), there are 78 maps in the mod.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
pancerni
Reactions:

Post by pancerni »

I see that now...I had another issue with the folder within the folder for the maps mod...everything seems to work now. Thanks to everyone that provided guidance. :)